• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

15 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Teams will salivate over the velo from left side. However he doesn’t have a second pitch he can control. I’d sell also. Some of these ‘21 draft guys are going to be relievers. Also, Suarez is probably best suited for the bullpen. 

not sure about that for Suarez.  He seems like the perfect 4/5 guy.  Three solid but not great pitches.  One that actually really good in his change piece.  People need to remember he's 24.  It feels like he's been around forever but he's still not a finished product.  

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Raisel? Simmons?

I don’t know if I’d call the Iglesias trade bold, we really didn’t give up anything that anyone worried we’d regret giving up.  Simmons is probably it, 6 years ago lol, a long time for a team who needs bold trades in the worst way possible

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t know if I’d call the Iglesias trade bold, we really didn’t give up anything that anyone worried we’d regret giving up.  Simmons is probably it, 6 years ago lol, a long time for a team who needs bold trades in the worst way possible

Trades don’t typically happen since it takes 2 parties to agree. The trades that do happen are typically done by teams with deep farm systems. Or at least deep as described by BBA. 

With Skubal being made available, as well as Miami and Cleveland open to dealing their controllable starters, I have to think this is shaping up to be a good market for sellers. There's a reason these teams are perking up and making those arms available.

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

With Skubal being made available, as well as Miami and Cleveland open to dealing their controllable starters, I have to think this is shaping up to be a good market for sellers. There's a reason these teams are perking up and making those arms available.

I wonder if Minasian could get a controllable starter with Ward in deal. Guardians need a hitter

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Padres just lost Gore to the IL with an elbow injury. They called up Lamet who is far from a sure thing. I don’t think they’ll be trading away pitching. But I guess they could trade for an upgrade in the rotation then trade away Snell. 

Padres are trying to dip underneath the luxury tax, and Gore (and Lamet) are bullpen arms right now, not starters. They've such a deep stock of starters that they have pushed Morejon and Crismatt into relief work. In AAA, they have Weathers and Knehr ready to step straight into a major league rotation. So they have a few options. 

Most reports suggest they'll either need to deal Snell or Darvish, because they can't find a taker for Hosmer or Myers. And seeing as they're in the middle of a playoff race, it's unlikely they'll deal Darvish, and Snell has a 4.75 ERA on the year, though his FIP suggests he's been unlucky and he has a track record of success. 

23 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Padres are trying to dip underneath the luxury tax, and Gore (and Lamet) are bullpen arms right now, not starters. They've such a deep stock of starters that they have pushed Morejon and Crismatt into relief work. In AAA, they have Weathers and Knehr ready to step straight into a major league rotation. So they have a few options. 

Most reports suggest they'll either need to deal Snell or Darvish, because they can't find a taker for Hosmer or Myers. And seeing as they're in the middle of a playoff race, it's unlikely they'll deal Darvish, and Snell has a 4.75 ERA on the year, though his FIP suggests he's been unlucky and he has a track record of success. 

Would love to see the Angels try and be opportunistic here and grab Snell and another arm to help get a head-start on 2023 pitching staff. Have to think that'd be hard to do for the Angels without some talks involving Ward or Sandoval. 

I'm sure they'd like to shed the $16m Snell is owed next year too to help them try and retain Clevinger or Musgrove, if they desire. 

Even though Darvish is pitching extremely well, he's owed a big chunk and at his age, next year might not pan out. Would love for the Angels to keep an eye on him too. For San Diego, moving him a year early might be best, selling high while they can. I don't think they do that though unless they're pulling in some other major additions to offset his loss, like a Soto or Castillo/Montas. 

Edited by totdprods

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

The only bold trades they can make would be to trade Trout or Ohtani. Any trade where we pick up something considered bold we would all immediately call it an overpay or Arte being in desperate win now mode.  

I mean I’d prefer “desperate win now mode” to the last several half assed offseasons.  Especially when the alternative is letting Ohtani potentially walk in free agency

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Would love to see the Angels try and be opportunistic here and grab Snell and another arm to help get a head-start on 2023 pitching staff. Have to think that'd be hard to do for the Angels without some talks involving Ward or Sandoval. 

I'm sure they'd like to shed the $16m Snell is owed next year too to help them try and retain Clevinger or Musgrove, if they desire. 

Even though Darvish is pitching extremely well, he's owed a big chunk and at his age, next year might not pan out. Would love for the Angels to keep an eye on him too. For San Diego, moving him a year early might be best, selling high while they can. I don't think they do that though unless they're pulling in some other major additions to offset his loss, like a Soto or Castillo/Montas. 

They'll be heavily involved in extension talks with Musgrove and Clevinger, if he's healthy. It's the lack of returning starters that makes me think they'll lean toward keeping Yu, but if they did move him, it would likely be in the offseason, if they don't win the World Series. 

23 hours ago, totdprods said:

He's actually a pretty close comp to Sandoval. (No, this isn't a 'Trade Sandoval' post).

Skubal (age 25): 288 IP, 4.31 ERA, 4.36 FIP, 1.22 WHIP, 9.8 SO9, four years of control after '22. 
Sandoval (age 25): 247 IP, 4.15 ERA, 4.06 FIP, 1.36 WHIP, 9.5 SO9, four years of control after '22. 

It'll be interesting to see what he fetches if he gets moved, and his availability could also indicate it's a good market to sell. 

Skubal:
image.png

Sandoval:
image.png

If only Sandoval had more movement on the heat and even just somewhat better control.

16 hours ago, Second Base said:

I'm still thinking Perry gets bold and brings in Blake Snell, who because of the contract won't cost more than a 40-45 FV prospect, and even that could be partially offset by the return they'll get for Syndergaard. 

Good luck getting Arte to take on salary when the Angels are 14 games below .500