• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

Benintendi doesn't get a top prospect, but three 40 FV prospects. Decent pitching prospects, but nothing that'll knock your socks off. 

If that's the barometer, expect Syndergaard to cost probably one of those guys. Benintendi doesn't really have any substitutes on the market and Syndergaard does. 

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

Benintendi doesn't get a top prospect, but three 40 FV prospects. Decent pitching prospects, but nothing that'll knock your socks off. 

If that's the barometer, expect Syndergaard to cost probably one of those guys. Benintendi doesn't really have any substitutes on the market and Syndergaard does. 

I get the point but one 40 FV prospect for Syndergaard seems low.  Of course depends on the prospect.  But if we picked up his remaining salary, what would it look like then?

7 minutes ago, Revad said:

I get the point but one 40 FV prospect for Syndergaard seems low.  Of course depends on the prospect.  But if we picked up his remaining salary, what would it look like then?

I feel Syndergaard will be a late trade as deadline approaches on Aug 2. He will not be top priority for contenders but option B or C.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I feel Syndergaard will be a late trade as deadline approaches on Aug 2. He will not be top priority for contenders but option B or C.

Waiting might work out well....If we picked up salary, a smaller market team might part with a better prospect than one of the big dogs, who might already have a Castillo or Montas....A smaller market team like the Rays or Twins might pulls the trigger on Syndergaard late......

I have no idea why anyone would have faith in us making a trade like buying a controlled player, or selling someone like Ward, Walsh, or even a guy like Ohtani.  This team doesn't do these types of trades, what reason do people have for thinking it's going to change?

16 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Moreno has probably never felt so much pressure in his life

He doesn’t know pressure. I had 3 carne asada tacos in Rosarito before heading back home. Sat in the border line for 3 hours and wouldn’t pay 5$ a square for tp. Talk about pressure. 

Just now, mmc said:

I have no idea why anyone would have faith in us making a trade like buying a controlled player, or selling someone like Ward, Walsh, or even a guy like Ohtani.  This team doesn't do these types of trades, what reason do people have for thinking it's going to change?

New GM that has a different philosophy than the last GM. 

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I mean sure but he's had the job for over a year and a half now and still hasn't done that.

@Stradling But he has surprised us by releasing Pujols and Upton which we all thought was something (Arte) would never allow. 

Sure, he's got to get Arte to sign off on dealing someone like Ohtani, but maybe Perry is crazy enough to do it should the offer be ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I know you don't like this idea but Arte plays a role in approving trades. A significant one.

And Arte cares if he trades a player with more than a year of club control left?  Arte cares if Warren or Wantz or Quijada gets traded?  Or Barria or Suarez?  The answer is no. He plays a role in if Trout or Ohtani gets moved. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

@Stradling But he has surprised us by releasing Pujols and Upton which we all thought was something (Arte) would never allow. 

Sure, he's got to get Arte to sign off on dealing someone like Ohtani, but maybe Perry is crazy enough to do it should the offer be ridiculous. 

Yep. Every owner is involved at some level, especially if you are bringing on money or trading popular players. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And Arte cares if he trades a player with more than a year of club control left?  Arte cares if Warren or Wantz or Quijada gets traded?  Or Barria or Suarez?  The answer is no. He plays a role in if Trout or Ohtani gets moved. 

He was the reason we got Vernon Wells.

He also nixed the Joc Pedersen deal with the Dodgers.

So yes, he plays a role in the trade process regardless.

Edited by tdawg87