• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

2 hours ago, mmc said:

You're the second person to say this now and I'm just curious what exactly is making you think that Arte wouldn't let a GM buy at the deadline?  I've seen nothing that's hinted that that was ever the case

Nobody does anything without artes approval. It’s his money. 

do you think it’s a coincidence that all of the GMs hired aren’t prior team GMs? They know what they’re getting into.

9 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

why?  

I'll include @Lou @mmc. Mostly so I have something to complain about.

No, actually, I do think Andujar fits for multiple reasons.

1. He's done very well in AAA despite being treated like a yoyo (up and down). And the International League isn't like the PCL, offensive numbers actually mean something there. 

2. It has become clear that Jared Walsh is not making the necessary adjustments to remain a major league 1B. Andujar isn't as good defensively, but they can slot him at 1B, 3B and LF if necessary, which gives the Angels the luxury to demote Adell or Marsh. 

3. I think Shohei needs to be traded (but likely won't). But in the event that he is traded, Adujar can be a solid DH. 

4. The only season Andujar had uninterrupted in the major leagues resulted in top shelf offensive numbers and a runner up in Rookie of the Year behind Shohei. 

----

If you can get them for cheap, and there's no reason he shouldn't be cheap right now, and you absolutely should in the Angels position. 

Edited by Second Base

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

1. He's done very well in AAA despite being treated like a yoyo (up and down). And the International League isn't like the PCL, offensive numbers actually mean something there. 

2. It has become clear that Jared Walsh is not making the necessary adjustments to remain a major league 1B. Andujar isn't as good defensively, but they can slot him at 1B, 3B and LF if necessary, which gives the Angels the luxury to demote Adell or Marsh. 

3. I think Shohei needs to be traded (but likely won't). But in the event that he is traded, Adujar can be a solid DH. 

4. The only season Andujar had uninterrupted in the major leagues resulted in top shelf offensive numbers and a runner up in Rookie of the Year behind Shohei. 

----

If you can get them for cheap, and there's no reason he shouldn't be cheap right now, and you absolutely should in the Angels position. 

You make some solid arguments for why he could work out here, but “could work out here” feels like the MO of the past several years, which has led to nothing but losing.  Why not acquire a real starting infielder?

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

You make some solid arguments for why he could work out here, but “could work out here” feels like the MO of the past several years, which has led to nothing but losing.  Why not acquire a real starting infielder?

Thank you. And I suppose my first question in regards to your response would be, "where would you put this "real starting infielder?"" 

Rendon is the third baseman when healthy, period. Fletcher has a contract and plays great D, Rengifo is the only reliable hitter in the lineup outside of Shohei right now. 

It seems the only option is first base. And then the question becomes, "what starting 1B are controllable and are available via trade?" Not that many, if any. And the ones that are available, you probably don't want to sacrifice what little prospect capital we have for them. Starting first basemen don't tend to rack up the WAR, so the difference may be minimized. 

And I would say that if the Angels could indeed lack Andujar for cheap, you can stick him at 1B for the remainder of the season as a try out of sorts for next year. If he flops, then over the winter, the Angels should go your route and get a real starting infielder, by which time there will be more options available not only from trade but free agency as well. 

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Thank you. And I suppose my first question in regards to your response would be, "where would you put this "real starting infielder?"" 

Rendon is the third baseman when healthy, period. Fletcher has a contract and plays great D, Rengifo is the only reliable hitter in the lineup outside of Shohei right now. 

It seems the only option is first base. And then the question becomes, "what starting 1B are controllable and are available via trade?" Not that many, if any. And the ones that are available, you probably don't want to sacrifice what little prospect capital we have for them. Starting first basemen don't tend to rack up the WAR, so the difference may be minimized. 

And I would say that if the Angels could indeed lack Andujar for cheap, you can stick him at 1B for the remainder of the season as a try out of sorts for next year. If he flops, then over the winter, the Angels should go your route and get a real starting infielder, by which time there will be more options available not only from trade but free agency as well. 

Put him at 3B for rest of season, maybe little at 1B. Maybe Yankees take Loup and his money owed next year.

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

----

sorry but pretty much all of these are terrible arguments.  

Walsh is better.  Andujar's time on the field has been interrupted by injury and poor play.  

Walsh has been given three months to make adjustments.  Andujar had has had three years. 

He's awful defensively.  EVERYWHERE!

We can find plenty of DH options and don't need to trade for a 27 yo DH only who hit 3 years ago and hasn't done jack since.  Are you a Yankees asset?  

the Yankees proclaiming that they're wiling to trade Andujar is like the Angels proclaiming they'd be willing to trade Brandon Wood.   In 2010.  

12 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

sorry but pretty much all of these are terrible arguments.  

Walsh is better.  Andujar's time on the field has been interrupted by injury and poor play.  

Walsh has been given three months to make adjustments.  Andujar had has had three years. 

He's awful defensively.  EVERYWHERE!

We can find plenty of DH options and don't need to trade for a 27 yo DH only who hit 3 years ago and hasn't done jack since.  Are you a Yankees asset?  

the Yankees proclaiming that they're wiling to trade Andujar is like the Angels proclaiming they'd be willing to trade Brandon Wood.   In 2010.  

You doing ok, doc?