• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

27 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Given they were out of contention so often…yes I think he couldn’t convince Arturo to do much of Anything

I'm one of the ones whose convinced Arte runs the show, and even I don't think he really controlled those types of moves

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The one time they weren't they traded for Upton.  Some people just refuse to let go of a narrative.  

I mean the same goes for just about every GM. They need to sell the cost/benefit to the guy writing the check. I’m sure they’ve got number guys in there that says adding x player increases our chances of making the playoffs by this much…it will cost x. If the juice isn’t worth the squeeze then it’s a pass.

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

That was at the waiver deadline when it still existed, not the actual trade deadline.

The waiver wire deadline WAS the trade deadline.  You trying to pretend otherwise is disingenuous and only serves to prove what I say about people and their narratives. 

But since you went there let me refresh your memory. The 2017 Angels went 9-13 to fall to 5 games under .500 and 18.0 games back (9th seed in AL) at the non waiver deadline.  They then went 18-10 (.643 ball), to get four games over .500 and get within 11 games and were the 6th seed on August 30th.

When he saw a chance, the "coward" made a move to try to just REACH the playoffs.  Sorry that goes against your narrative but its the reality of the situation.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

When he saw a chance, the "coward" made a move to try to just REACH the playoffs.  Sorry that goes against your narrative but its the reality of the situation.

Could’ve done this any year, but waited until the second deadline when all that’s available are players with  red flags going for table scraps (with rare exceptions like Verlander). I’d say the “coward” narrative still holds true.