• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

The Thing (2011) - 3/10

Didn't get into it or enjoy it at all. Haven't seen the original, so can't compare.

50/50 - 10/10

Fantastic movie. Seth Rogen and JGL were great.

50/50 kind of became a remote dropper for me when they started showing it on the premium movie channels. It was a cool flick the first time I saw it from Red Box, but really like the depth and character profile the more I watched it.

I also strangely have had a weird celeb crush on Anna Kendrick since Up in the Air.

yes!

finally a TV show i can get behind.

love the movie, absolutely love the book (and the follow-up "the barbary coast" which follows the gangs into san francisco).

SCORSESE DEVELOPING 'GANGS OF NEW YORK' TV SERIES

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_GANGS_OF_NEW_YORK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-29-19-02-39

As long as Cameron Diaz isn't in it. She's such a terrible actress she almost ruined the movie.

Couple things here on summation:

Skyfall would have been alot better if the haunted mansion scene at the end didn't take so g'damn long to wrap up.  I hate that about movies these days.  The final act should be the shortest!

"24" creator Joel Surnow was a writer on Miami Vice.

Anna Kendrick's hairline always creeped me out.  Sort of an Eddie Munster thing going on there.

My belief is that "Rock of Ages" was the kicker which convinced Katie Holmes to bail on Tommy Cruise.  She must've seen a couple out takes and thought, "WTF?  He really is gay."

The last few episodes of "Legit" with Jim Jeffries have been a disappointment.  The show needs to get better, funnier.  It has alot of potential...it just needs to kick it into gear with the funny.

I have "La Femme Nikita" on the dvr.  I love that movie.

Red Box is dropping all the movies that looked great or interesting towards the end of the year, so there will be a lot of watching soon.

Zero Dark Thirty- 7/10

Good flick that simply was too long. It felt like I had to pull myself through it. Well done outside of James Gandolfini....I'll always love the dude as Tony Soprano, but I can never take his characters seriously. But overall not a waste of time.

Red Box is dropping all the movies that looked great or interesting towards the end of the year, so there will be a lot of watching soon.

Zero Dark Thirty- 7/10

Good flick that simply was too long. It felt like I had to pull myself through it. Well done outside of James Gandolfini....I'll always love the dude as Tony Soprano, but I can never take his characters seriously. But overall not a waste of time.

Crazy how people perceive things differently. I thought Zero Dark Thirty was incredibly good. Never thought once about the length or anything. I liked Django Unchained and Life of Pi better, but it was still outstanding, in my opinion.

Picked up 10 years from redbox. Not a bad way to waste 90 minutes or so. There were some good parts. If you guys ever get suckered into a chick flick, this is a good movie to turn to in that it is actually watchable. A lot of known actors in it too.

I recently got suckered into watching the chick flick, The Red Violin, with Samuel Jackson.   Was actually a pretty solid movie.

Crazy how people perceive things differently. I thought Zero Dark Thirty was incredibly good. Never thought once about the length or anything. I liked Django Unchained and Life of Pi better, but it was still outstanding, in my opinion.

I'm not really perceiving things when my girlfriend has a clock underneath her tv.

When a movie is that long I prefer better character development or understanding of who's who. It reminded me of United 93 where everyone ran around the whole movie and you had an idea of who was good/bad or who they were supposed to represent, but wasn't 100% sure of their significance. I also thought they could have cut out quite a bit and still had the same product.

It was a good movie. Nothing more or less.

I was a fan of Zero Dark Thirty but didn't absolutely love it. Thought it was very solid as a procedural and I actually really enjoyed the climax and felt it was intense. My problems with it was more with Chastain's character. I thought her continuing to write the number of days was pretty brutal.

I recently got suckered into watching the chick flick, The Red Violin, with Samuel Jackson.   Was actually a pretty solid movie.

I love the Red Violin. There is the one segment that could be defined as "chick flick," but the rest of the segments aren't at all. The story of the young prodigy with the heart defect is great. The way SLJ rips off the violin is really cool too.

Argo 8/10

Really good flick. I thought I would care about the characters more and really be engaged, but wasn't. I actually may have this third behind The Town and Gone Baby, Gone. The tidbits of humor for a serious movie were well done. I think i was just a little let down because it won best movie. Had I seen it in theaters as I expected to, I may be more impressed. But really well done movie. I was too young for the event that happened, but have miniscual knowledge so the ending wasn't a big surprise although well done.

Killing Them Softly 6/10

Really wanted to like this, but it fell short and even when I try to justify it not being as bad as the ratings and reviews it kind of is. It has all the making of a great film but just doesn't have it. i was engaged the whole time, but when it ended thought, "Yeah, this did suck." Some cool cinematography and it wasn't a total bore fest, but I couldn't recommend this. There were parts that shined, but it just didn't flow well through out the movie and got to the end wondering what could have been.

Oh well.

Argo 8/10

Really good flick. I thought I would care about the characters more and really be engaged, but wasn't. I actually may have this third behind The Town and Gone Baby, Gone. The tidbits of humor for a serious movie were well done. I think i was just a little let down because it won best movie. Had I seen it in theaters as I expected to, I may be more impressed. But really well done movie. I was too young for the event that happened, but have miniscual knowledge so the ending wasn't a big surprise although well done.

Same here. I don't think Affleck's ever going to top Gone Baby Gone. Argo was good, but I don't think it was the Best Picture. I thought Life of Pi, Django Unchained, Silver Linings Playbook, and Zero Dark Thirty were all better movies of the nominees for Best Picture. I also think Moonrise Kingdon and The Master were better movies than Argo, even though they weren't nominated.

The best selling point about Argo is that it revived a lot of emotions in me from the events it portrayed, emotions that were not very happy ones.

Zero Dark Thirty moved along too slowly for me. It was well done but nothing earth shaking for me.