• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I've watched The Dealership, The Soup Nazi, and The Susie so far. Currently watching The Bizzaro Jerry.

Other than The Soup Nazi, none of those are even in the Top 20 or 30 of Seinfeld episodes. You should check out The Boyfriend. It's a two-parter. Keith Hernandez guest stars in it. Funny stuff. Also, check out The Maestro and The Junior Mint.

Just re-watched Rock N Rolla, I am a sucker for Guy Richie movies, I love it.  Hard to pick between RNR, Lock Stock and Snatch, three of my favorite movies.

HIMYM was great this week, possibly the best episode of the show since it started.  Tank, I don't remember the second season all that much but it is one of those hit and miss shows for sure. I actually doubt he will ever meet the mother, and if he does it will be the last episode, that is my guess.  I think the next season is slated to be the last, this one was supposed to but the ratings picked up.

Not a movie or anything, but I watched this 10-minute short "film" called "The Politics of Competitive Board Gaming Amongst Friends" that I thought was pretty funny:

Not sure how funny other people would find it but I'm familiar with the director of it through a podcast, and also familiar with the Asian guy in it. I'm sure some people can probably relate to taking board games too seriously as I think that's pretty universal. I loved the serious tone of it though, added to the comedy of it.

I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch, and I have recently started watching Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files. Also a fan of Ice Pilots, but haven't seen an episode for a while. I have really cooled off on Finding Bigfoot, due to the sameness of the shows and the arrogance of a couple of the cast members.

I will join the bandwagon.  Especially the first three seasons, they were excellent.  Do it, Ray.  I predict you will be hooked.

I also like Deadliest Catch.  It isn't spectacular or anything but I enjoy watching it.

I'm thinking about doing a Sopranos marathon. I've never even seen one episode. I don't really know how or why it happened, but everytime I tell people I've never watched it, they get all over me about it.

I did the same thing.

I had a bunch of free time on my hands and one of the first things I did was rent the whole series and killed it in about a week and a half, if I remember correctly. I remember some nights of just pausing it and going to bed while others I woke up and it was still playing.

Really great series that is in the upper echelon of TV shows. I really liked it and felt dumb for waiting so long to see it.

I then did the exact same thing with The Wire.

Saw the movie "Mud" today. It was really good. Great acting, especially from the kid who played the lead. Stories are so much better when they are more character-driven than plot-driven.

I saw that movie yesterday. I thought it was the best movie that I've seen this year (I liked "Pines", but I thought Mud was better).  McConaughey and the teen boys (especially the kid that played Ellis) did a great job. Over the last couple of years, McConaughey has played some interesting characters (Killer Joe, the Paperboy, Bernie and Mud).

He's also got the new Scorsese movie later this year he's in and I believe Christopher Nolan has him for next movie. McConaughey is either getting better offers now or simply picking better roles for himself (or both). Whatever the case, I'm liking the new McConaughey. 

Hope to check out Mud tomorrow. Really loved both Shotgun Stories and Take Shelter from the director, so I've been looking forward to it for a while. Would highly recommend checking both those out if you guys haven't. No McConaughey in those but both have Michael Shannon instead giving awesome performances.

^IOL had a hiliarious 1st half but a dreadful 2nd half when Ricky Gervais went on his preachy "I am atheist!  Hear me roar!" soapbox.

Just saw that new Amy Schumer show on Comedy Central and listened to her comedy album on Spotify lately.  At least it's an improvement over than annoying Jezzelnik douche.

Watched Mud and loved it. Felt like a classic American coming of age story much like a modern Huck Finn. The acting was great all around, the two boys were outstanding, especially Tye Sheridan. After three great movies, I'd safely put Jeff Nichols among the best directors currently working today.

Favorite film of the year so far, and I'd imagine it being high up at the end of the year.

Saw "Pain and Gain" in the motion picture theater last week.  I give it a solid 'C.'  Man, I was really rooting for it since it was set in Miami and had a ton of violence, but ultimately, it was a Michael Bay movie.

He was getting closer to it in this film moreso than his "Transformer" movies, but ultimately, his characters come up shy.  I didn't hate "Bad Boys."  This movie could've had the snap of that film but the characters don't keep up.

Watched Mud and loved it. Felt like a classic American coming of age story much like a modern Huck Finn. The acting was great all around, the two boys were outstanding, especially Tye Sheridan. After three great movies, I'd safely put Jeff Nichols among the best directors currently working today.

Favorite film of the year so far, and I'd imagine it being high up at the end of the year.

Dang. I really want to see that. Might have to actually go to the theater. Haven't done that since Django.

Heat: A

Movie has actually aged well. Another annoying Pacino performance (dude is way too animated all the time), but the script and plot really hold up. I always forget how many stars are in this like Jeremy Piven as some uncredited doctor.

Inside Job: B

Watched this many years ago but forgot how it all played out so I popped it in again. The story was solid, but this movie would probably be just average if Denzel wasn't in it. Jodie Foster was pretty good as well.

Inside Job: B

Watched this many years ago but forgot how it all played out so I popped it in again. The story was solid, but this movie would probably be just average if Denzel wasn't in it. Jodie Foster was pretty good as well.

I think the title is Inside Man, but yeah, it's actually a really good film.

In fact, that movie is what gives me hope that Spike Lee will make a good Oldboy remake. People have reacted poorly to the idea of an American "Oldboy", but I think it could be great. The Departed was straight up remake (sans the ending) of "Infernal Affairs" and it was spectacular.