• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Curious to see what Brandon thinks of Thief.  It's a solid movie but I wonder if it holds up after 30+ years.  I think it does but then I'm a sucker for Michael Mann bad guy/redemption movies.  The Tangerine Dream soundtrack is great, and all the lil' side characters Mann uses are a joy to watch.

Caan's character is fascinating. 

Pretty Maids All in Row - 8.5/10

Very fun high school dark comedy starring Rock Hudson and Angie Dickinson. Movie is full of hot chicks, I wish my school had that kind of ratio of beautiful girls.The

The Last Stand - 6.5/10

I actually really enjoyed this overall. Though I hated parts with Forest Whitaker's character and with Pau & Marc Gasol's long lost brother. As an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, I thought it was a nice return for him. But I'm disappointed a bit as a film directed by Kim Jee-woon. It doesn't live up to other movies like I Saw the Devil, A Tale of Two Sisters, or A Bittersweet Life.

Interview with a Hitman: 6/10

One of those flicks you never heard of or would know about of it wasn't for Red Box. The title, cover, and synopsis were intriguing and the fact it was always sold out built the impulse viewing.

It's a movie I liked, but for the vast majority doesn't have enough going for it. It's a Euro hitman movie that is something like a poor mans Transporter but heavier on the story and character development than the action. It was a decent one time viewing. The lead is a stoic/quiet badass and the score was surprisingly very well done....good build up and plot based music.

Jack Reacher: 8/10

Fun little flick. I'm indifferent with Tom Cruise's personal life, but think he is a hell of an actor. He nails a ton of various roles and was solid here. The story has great pace and while the wrapping up kind of got a little cheesy at times, it still fit and ended well. I also now have a bit of a crush on Rosamund Pike....something about the strong professional in the skirt/blazer combo type.

I was curious to see this because Lee Child, the author of the book series this is based on, is a friend of the family and was mentioned a few times before this even went into production, but I had no clue who he was or that the series would be something I was interested in....granted, I never really asked. I think he is an OC resident now or has a place out here. Props to him for the success. He even has a brief appearance in the movie.

Jack Reacher: 8/10

Fun little flick. I'm indifferent with Tom Cruise's personal life, but think he is a hell of an actor. He nails a ton of various roles and was solid here. The story has great pace and while the wrapping up kind of got a little cheesy at times, it still fit and ended well. I also now have a bit of a crush on Rosamund Pike....something about the strong professional in the skirt/blazer combo type.

I was curious to see this because Lee Child, the author of the book series this is based on, is a friend of the family and was mentioned a few times before this even went into production, but I had no clue who he was or that the series would be something I was interested in....granted, I never really asked. I think he is an OC resident now or has a place out here. Props to him for the success. He even has a brief appearance in the movie.

Second this.  Watched it last night, Tom Cruise is always solid.

Wasn't that a quasi-musical?

I remember watching it back in the day and at first Entourage was weird to watch.

A drama, mixed in with some well timed comedy. It was also named after a Britney Spears song. 

Just watched the original True Grit.

Now I'm watching Gladiator.

Watched the Town earlier this week, liked it more the 2nd time than the first time.

Anyone here a big blu ray collector?

The Town is probably my favorite modern movie. I have it on DVD, but that time when it was on HBO continually for a few months I watched it daily. It's a better version of Heat to me. Now it's on TNT and I tried to watch it, but the editing makes it so bad and unwatchable.

There is a version of the movie that had either deleted scenes or an alternate ending or both. Is that the Blu Ray version?

A drama, mixed in with some well timed comedy. It was also named after a Britney Spears song.

I think that's why I mix it up. I remember the coinciding Spears song and subsequent music video. It had scenes from the movie and I think they danced in it as well.

Just top level cinematography and lighting for the tine.

The Town is probably my favorite modern movie. I have it on DVD, but that time when it was on HBO continually for a few months I watched it daily. It's a better version of Heat to me. Now it's on TNT and I tried to watch it, but the editing makes it so bad and unwatchable.

There is a version of the movie that had either deleted scenes or an alternate ending or both. Is that the Blu Ray version?

I believe there are 3 versions of the film. There is the theatrical cut, extended cut, and ultimate collectors cut. I know the original blu ray has the first two and I believe the third one was just released. I have to revisit the extended cut and haven't seen the newest version.

I have 267 blus. It's a fun hobby.