• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

It's not your fault.  TV is better than film these days.

It absolutely is. I used to watch movies almost every night but now I prefer to be locked in to a TV series. When you find a good series, you're set for a while. On the other hand, movies are a crapshoot. There's just too many that are somewhere between decent and awful.

It's not your fault.  TV is better than film these days. 

I read a great article with Kevin Spacey talking about this. To sum it up he said the reason why he signed on for House of Cards and locked into a TV series is because you're seeing TV series going into more in depth, complex characters that actors fall in love with and film is just getting ridiculous in comparison now. I absolutely agree with him. The growth of a character over a 5-7 season show is really awesome to watch. 

I came across this and was thinking about seeing it. Might do so. How was the story as a whole?

The story is inherently really intriguing if you're familiar with the real guy. It's interesting to see it portrayed but at times it feels a little rushed and part of the family portion feels like it drags a bit because of Winona Ryder, but overall still nice to see it develop on screen.

The story is inherently really intriguing if you're familiar with the real guy. It's interesting to see it portrayed but at times it feels a little rushed and part of the family portion feels like it drags a bit because of Winona Ryder, but overall still nice to see it develop on screen.

I am familiar, but it just looked like shitty b movie. But being familiar I am intrigued with the prospect of a movie about him.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Does Winona show her 40-something rack?

That was a terrific movie. One of those that sticks with you for awhile after you watch it.

Absolutely. Had low expectations going in, boy was I pleased.

Made me miss my pops though after watching it. I remember him asking me to watch ball games with him (and I did for the most part, until I got to that age when I wanted to go out with my friends and with girls...

Felt bad walking out the door several times. Just seeing this movie brought it all back. Boy am I glad I moved up to the Pacific Northwest in 2005, as my dad and I watched tons of games together and had a riot doing so before he passed away in late 2008. Something I really miss today is sharing those times with my dad, and now I'm going through the same stuff with my oldest son who is too busy with friends to watch the game with me anymore. He's 18.

Emotions can be drawn out of you in a well acted and scripted movie when it touches on an area of your life that you've experienced and/are experiencing.

Little Fugitive - 9/10

Incredibly simple movie which is some times considered the first or one of the first American independent films, and has been credited for helping create the French New Wave. It's simply just about the cinematography in this film. A little boy is tricked into believing he killed his older brother so he runs off to Coney Island, and he's simply followed around Coney Island as he plays carnival games, hits the batting cages, eats watermelon, and collects bottles for more money. Exciting.. I know! It worked for me though.

Magic Mike - 7/10

Really good movie. Channing Tatum is a surprisingly good actor. Good story. Soderbergh is just a solid storyteller. Warning: Unless you're in tip top physical shape, you're going to end up feeling pretty damn inadequate by the end of the movie though. The guys are pretty ripped.

I also thought Magic Mike was good, though I really thought Cody Horn was a terrible choice for lead actress. Just a really bad actress all around.

I thought the same thing. That's one of the reasons I didn't give it a higher rating. She was more annoying than anything. Definitely not likable enough for him to make the decision he did at the end. That's kind of what I like about Soderbergh though. He could have went with a well-known actress who is a lot easier on the eyes, but decided to make it a reverse beauty and the beast type thing (not that she isn't physically attractive). She just wasn't a likable character and I couldn't really figure out what he saw in her - other than her genuine concern for her brother's well-being. At least that's what I took away from it.

I thought the same thing. That's one of the reasons I didn't give it a higher rating. She was more annoying than anything. Definitely not likable enough for him to make the decision he did at the end. That's kind of what I like about Soderbergh though. He could have went with a well-known actress who is a lot easier on the eyes, but decided to make it a reverse beauty and the beast type thing (not that she isn't physically attractive). She just wasn't a likable character and I couldn't really figure out what he saw in her - other than her genuine concern for her brother's well-being. At least that's what I took away from it.

This is the part where I explain that Cody Horn is Alan Horn's daughter.  He used to run Warner Bros. studios.

This is the part where I explain that Cody Horn is Alan Horn's daughter.  He used to run Warner Bros. studios.

My brother pointed that out to me after we discussed the movie. So, I assume she wasn't cast because of her enormous acting talent. Kind of sad really. If they had a more capable actress in that role, it would have been a much better movie.

• 2 weeks later...

The American 5/10

George clooney movie that just crawled along. Even the gorgeous chick that played a hooker wasn't enough to save this one.

Horrible Bosses 9/10

I literally laughed outloud at several points in the movie. Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman, and one of the guys from sunny in Philadelphia were hilarious. Jennifer Aniston was terrific and should do more comedies.

Horrible Bosses 9/10

I literally laughed outloud at several points in the movie. Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman, and one of the guys from sunny in Philadelphia were hilarious. Jennifer Aniston was terrific and should do more comedies.

That movie was really funny. Colin Farrell was hilarious too. My only complaint was about that guy from Sunny in Philadelphia. He might have the most annoying voice I've ever heard. It's like Gilbert Gottfried and Judy Tenuta had a kid. 

Incredible.

You give The American a 5 but Horrible Bosses a 9?

My ex made me watch Horrible Bosses, and while I normally don't care for the generic run of the mill comedy, I liked it but it was far from a 9. However, what I find astounding is not the 9 for some popcorn comedy, but a 5 for The American? I get it most won't like or appreciate it, but I consider you a smart dude that would grasp the complexities, subtleties, and interpersonal struggles and thought process George Clooneys character has. It's slow the way a movie like The Professional or Munich is. Aside, from the perfect loner, the movie has one of the best scores I have come across.

I'll admit I fight a losing battle on this one as most people I know never heard of it or like it. I just always hope I don't get the same responses (granted these people probably follow tmz and The Bachelor) that people can look deeper.