• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

This week's Sunday Night Classic Movie Night is "The Big Trees" starring Kirk Douglas.

ETA: This is first official Dud of the Sunday Night Classic Movies. I won't say this movie has no redeeming qualities, it just kinda sucks all over. It's not even bad enough to qualify as "so bad it's good".

Finally found a Red Box that had Lincoln since it's been sold out everywhere in proximity the past 2-3 weeks.

7/10

Good movie. Wasn't sure what to expect and what the focus would be on, but the plot and aspect were done well. I didn't find it as amazing as a lot of others, but it was really well done.

Purple Noon - 8/10

The earliest adaptation of the story of the Talented Mr. Ripley, which admittedly the only one I had seen is The Talented Mr. Ripley itself, and remember nothing from it. The movie is great and stars Alain Delon in one of his earlier roles. Curious to now finally check out The American Friend, which is Wim Wenders' adaptation of the story starring Dennis Hopper.

Three Amigos - 8/10

A big comedic blind spot for me. Came out the year I was born so technically I guess it's "before my time" but most of the films I watch are. Great '80s comedy and very quotable. Essentially takes the story of the Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven, and converts into a comedy. Later retold again with A Bug's Life.

Unstoppable - 7/10

Cliche action thriller that hits a lot of the tropes that go with the genre, but it's fun and does it job.

Yeah I enjoyed both for different reasons. Moon was a great intimate low-budget sci-fi film with very little special effects and Source Code was just showing what he could do given a large budget and going all out making a borderline blockbuster type film, but still giving a little depth to it.

Yeah I enjoyed both for different reasons. Moon was a great intimate low-budget sci-fi film with very little special effects and Source Code was just showing what he could do given a large budget and going all out making a borderline blockbuster type film, but still giving a little depth to it.

Unfortunately, I can't sit through a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. He's one of only about three actors that I just can't take. I was looking forward to Source Code because I liked Moon so much, but then I heard who was cast in it and that was it for me. 

Olympus has fallen 7/10

No real surprises in this one, and the bad guys are pretty easy to figure out right from the get-go.

Wsh they would have explained something about what caused the presidents limo at the beginning to spin out on the bridge. Something hit the windshield but they never addressed it.

Oh, and I love Ashley Judd.

Eastern Promises 9/10

I know, I know. I won't go all in depth like many years ago that made it a nifty inside joke. I was kind of in the mood for it, its been a long time since I've seen it, and while its not extremely old I was curious to how it's aging and holding up. Still really solid and a favorite, but not as enamoring although Viggo Mortenson comes off even better than I remember. Some lulls this time around, but too solid to ruin the film.

Django Unchained 8/10

Finally saw this earlier and it's good, but not as amazing as advertised. Kind of drawn out like Kill Bill, but at least KB had multiple antagonists. I was curious how Leo would do in this quirky film and he really holds up. Waltz still kills it as a follow up to Inglorious Basterds. I probably would not have been so into this movie if Waltz didn't crush it. The plot was OK, but the myriad of quirks and subtleties is really well done, or even the blatant ones like Samuel L. Jackson dropping n bombs like Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown and just talking too current for the times. I usually get distracted by stuff like a draft beer machine or sunglasses for that era, but they were funny. Also, props for getting Don Johnson in the flick.

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion - 9.5/10

Damn good movie. A bit of an unknown gem despite winning the Best Foreign Language Oscar in 1970. Great poliziotteschi style tense crime drama. The lead actor is great in this. I'm actually pretty surprised that this hasn't been remade yet.