• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I dug "Crime Story" too. You and I must have been the only ones that did, though. It was gone before people caught on to it.

the 2nd season wasn't as good. Should've kept the Chicago storylines with occasional Vegas stuff, imo.

I own both DVDs stylish, and expensive TV that wouldn't be green lighted today with all the cheaper reality crap out there.

Picked up both Willow and Who Framed Roger Rabbit on Blu-Ray and watched them for the first time since I was like 6 in the early 90s. Both fun movies.

Also watched:

Ministry of Fear - 8.5/10

Not usually considered one of Fritz Lang's best movies, but I liked it a lot. Great '40s spy thriller starring Ray Milland.

Stoker - 9/10

Style over substance sure but I loved this movie's style. Beautiful and wonderfully directed. Chan-wook Park's first English language film, and the second of three Korean filmmakers making their American debuts this year. The first was Jee-woon Kim who did The Last Stand which I haven't seen, and later this year Bong Joon-ho is directed Snowpiercer which is probably the one I'm looking forward to most based on what he's done prior.

Finally got around to seeing Argo.  I found it lacked heart.  We barely get to know any of the characters and thus I found it hard to really give a damn about them.

Plus knowing it is a true story takes away from the suspense. 

This week's Sunday Night Classic Movie features Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr, and the rest of the Rat Pack in the seminal Las Vegas Classic "Ocean's 11". Everyone acting cool, singing, and just having a great time in old school Las Vegas, this film is 10x better than the remake, and that's before you get to the ending, which is 1000x better than the remake.

the 2nd season wasn't as good. Should've kept the Chicago storylines with occasional Vegas stuff, imo.

I own both DVDs stylish, and expensive TV that wouldn't be green lighted today with all the cheaper reality crap out there.

Agreed, for the most part.  The second season went off the rails, but I just sort of embraced it.  The Vegas stuff was bananas.  It was part insanity and I had to rewind some of it to figure out if what I saw was what I actually saw.  It was also pretty interesting seeing Andrew Dice Clay in Mad Men costuming.  I remember this one seen with a band singing this song "Hope to change my life today" in some Vegas lounge.  A true wtf moment.

21 Jump Street

It surprised me in being consistantly funny.  I now understand how that movie became a surprise hit.

The Tree of Life

This is one of those movies where you can honestly say, you've never seen anything like it.  Malick is an excellent director and I really enjoyed how he filmed this movie.  I am sure there are some who wouldn't enjoy this movie, but I liked it.

Gangster Squad. I'll give it a solid B. Nothing earth-shaking or even very smart, but a good popcorn movie.

The period stuff looked terrific, but I found the style was way more than the substance. Weak ass plot with terrible dialog.

Ironically, I was looking forward to it because I had read a great book on very similar subject matter. Disappointing.

If you want a fun read, try Hot Springs by Steven Hunter.

Just watched a 1968 movie called The Brain (9/10). I loved it. Hilarious somewhat of a screwball comedy of sorts about two different sets of robbers planning the exact same heist. Mostly in French, but parts in English and Italian. Stars David Niven, Jean-Paul Belmondo and Eli Wallach.

The Thin Blue Line - 10/10

One of my favorite documentaries of all-time. Love the way it is put together and the repetition of the reenactments. Important film historically as it actually affected the subject of the story. Plays like film noir mystery thriller in a documentary format.

Finally saw "Zero Dark Thirty."  Really enjoyed it. I'd give a 9/10 or an A-.

It's a long ass movie but doesn't feel like it's 2 1/2 hours long.  I didn't like some of the camera movement and thought it was a little too Hollywood when the main players were dressed J Crew-ish in Afghanistan, but the story and intrigue are terrific.

I think it got best o.g. screenplay.  (I just got distracted by a really hot chick with nice cans while watching the Angels/Ranyers game...where was I?  Oh yes...) 

The screenplay was minimal, sort of the anti-Sorkin in style, which is a nice change.  It just goes to show, when writing a non-comedic screenplay, let the story do the talking.  The audience will take it from there.

Spring Breakers - 8/10

Stylish and visceral. Shouldn't be taken at face value. Satirizes the lifestyle it depicts as well as what seems to be the target audience commercials were aiming at. I can picture this movie having a ton of walkouts on a Friday or Saturday night showing. James Franco's impersonation of rapper Riff Raff was pretty hilarious and awesome in the movie.

Not too many people I would really recommend this to, though at the very least, there's a lot of nudity and ass shaking in the movie. Vanessa Hudgens is pretty hot.