• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

For tv, I've started watching an FX show called 'Legit.'  Looks like it's made for about $500 per episode.  It has a good flow about it and is prettty brainless entertainment if you're trying to chillax before falling asleep. 

Still haven't seen The Wire, though I'm told by every other person I should.

How is Game of Thrones? I don't think I will like it so I haven't tried it, but the reviews seem to be off the charts for the show. I read the synopsis, is it more fantasy based like Willow or a bit more barbaric and dark like Braveheart? I'm leaning towards wanting to give this a try.

Give 'Thrones a try. It's nothing like Willow. Only the first and last 5 minutes of season one have any fantastical elements. There is a dwarf but he's a conventional dwarf, not the magical kind.

It was written based upon the War of The Roses time period that was a couple centuries after the Braveheart era. Some very powerful families that hold regions while commanding smaller houses (bannermen) within those lands. Several houses vie for the Throne. There isn't any Good Vs. Evil bullshit. The best players survive while the 'good guy' is seldom rewarded. Even the 'good' characters have their faults. (Catelyn Stark hates her husband's bastard for example). It's a huge world and a giant cast so the first few episodes it's normal to confuse one bearded dude with another. For me it has re-watch value on par with the Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Deadwood. Viewers Guide if you need it: http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season1/

Season 3 starts in a month and Season 4 and beyond are pretty much guaranteed with the high viewership and DVD sales.

Cool, I'll probably give it a go. I'm not into fantasy or magical nonsense. Big casts aren't a problem, I managed with the Sopranos and The Wire (which, yes DR, you should watch.....my favorite all-time show).

I started watching Hell on Wheels last night. Promising.

gotta mention vertigo if youre on a hitchcock kick.

granted im slightly biased - its shot entirely in SF so its a blast to pick out the locations.

same with maltese falcon, bullit, big trouble little china, harold and maude, birds, basic instinct, dirty harry, etc.

Community - Season two

Season one was pretty solid but it's not until the second season when the entire cast begins to shine.

I watched seasons 1, 2, and 3 in about a month and a half. Best show ever. 3 is even better than 2

Community - Season two

Season one was pretty solid but it's not until the second season when the entire cast begins to shine.

I watched seasons 1, 2, and 3 in about a month and a half. Best show ever. 3 is even better than 2

Found it online, going to check it out!

Watched Drive the other night, Ryan Gosling was so good in that movie (pause).  The music was a great fit, too.

If you liked Drive, check out the movie 'Thief' with James Caan.  It was made back when Michael Mann still knew how to direct and tell a story with style.  I think it's Dennis Farina's first acting credit. 

If you liked Drive, check out the movie 'Thief' with James Caan.  It was made back when Michael Mann still knew how to direct and tell a story with style.  I think it's Dennis Farina's first acting credit. 

Thief is awesome. Drive is pretty much combining Thief and Walter Hill's The Driver from the 70s. Both great movies to check out if you liked Drive.