• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Money Heist Season 5, Part 2  They kind of start jumping the shark in this one.  It's like they needed to jam as much in, with as many moving parts as possible.  Actually felt like this was supposed to go to season 6, but Netflix/whoever was in charge nixed it.  It still works, and was a worthwhile half season to watch.  It's very entertaining and would recommend anyone to binge the entire thing.  I did have issues with the ending though.

Spoiler

I just didn't like how it was done.  It was kind of messy and not really well thought out.  I seriously thought they were going to do a trading places after he went on about stock markets and how you could get rich off major events if you could predict them.  I just think that a better ending would have been that the gold heist was actually more about them being friends, and saving Rio.  But the actual money heist was making billions shorting the Bank of Spain and other companies, then longing right after.  Just like Trading Places.  Also, this whole Colonel thing got too drawn out, and IMO, it would have been better if they went over his head to make a deal.  At the point it got to, making the deal with the prime minister and completely leaving the Colonel in disgrace would have made much more sense.  

Netflix:  The Alpinist  A documovie about this crazy Canadian free climber that was climbing unreachable peaks with no safety equipment, and just for the fun of it.  Really just wanted to be left alone and climb.  Really some gnar scenes that made me clench my ass.  Really well done documentary, and would recommend it to anyone that likes the outdoors, especially hikers and climbers.  

On 12/5/2021 at 10:52 PM, Tank said:

Netflix: True Story S1E1

This stars Kevin Hart and Wesley Snipes. Hart is the King of Comedy and Snipes plays his far less successful brother. It's interesting. Hart sleeps with some chick and wakes up to find out she's in his bed but has died. He then has to work with his loser brother to find a way to make this go away.

Finished watching this tonight. Holy smoke, was this good. There were so many plot twists, but the ending was amazing. 

I highly recommend this show, especially to anyone who is @Lous friend so they can recommend it to him, too.

Wife and I finished S3 of The Sinner. This is a good show but this was a really weird season. The main protagonist is on this journey to find meaning to life by confronting death. He’s very unlikable so I guess that means he was convincing in this role. Bill Pullman as the detective really made a lot of highly questionable decisions in this season, stuff that crossed everlasting lines even in the world of television. 

I hope S4 is better. It’s still being shown on USA network. Does anyone know when it’ll be available on Netflix?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Wife and I finished S3 of The Sinner. This is a good show but this was a really weird season. The main protagonist is on this journey to find meaning to life by confronting death. He’s very unlikable so I guess that means he was convincing in this role. Bill Pullman as the detective really made a lot of highly questionable decisions in this season, stuff that crossed everlasting lines even in the world of television. 

I hope S4 is better. It’s still being shown on USA network. Does anyone know when it’ll be available on Netflix?

When is The Sinner season 4 on Netflix?

New seasons of The Sinner are added to Netflix one year after the premiere date. As mentioned, the season airs on USA Network before it moves to Netflix.

Since we saw The Sinner season 4 premiere in late 2021, we’ll see the new season on Netflix in late 2022. Expect the fourth season to hit your Netflix watch list in October 2022.

We’ll let you know the official release date for The Sinner season 4 on Netflix when it’s announced.

https://netflixlife.com/2021/10/14/the-sinner-season-4-release-date-updates/

On 12/6/2021 at 9:09 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Alpinist  A documovie about this crazy Canadian free climber that was climbing unreachable peaks with no safety equipment, and just for the fun of it.  Really just wanted to be left alone and climb.  Really some gnar scenes that made me clench my ass.  Really well done documentary, and would recommend it to anyone that likes the outdoors, especially hikers and climbers.  

I randomly watched this on Tuesday.  That guy climbed mountains as naturally as most people walk.  It was crazy watching him do it in remote places where no one has ever done it before or even thought about it especially when he was doing it in frozen conditions and would take his gloves off for a better grip.  He could have had cameras following him all the time and had sponsors but he was clearly doing it because that's what he enjoyed and was meant to do.   

Y'all, you should watch "The Rescue" from National Geographic via Disney+ (or thiefstreambox for @Lou).

It's an absolutely amazing documentary about the rescue of the kids soccer team that was trapped in a cave in Thailand a few years back. Some of it is re-created, but there's an amazing amount of real footage too. This is absolutely worth your time. What these guys did is amazing.

9.5/10

We finished S3 of Marcella, and I don't think I've ever been happier to finish watching a show as I was this one. What a mess. She was so self-destructive and it just got worse as the show went on. Season 3 was an absolute mess. Don't recommend this show beyond S1.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

We finished S3 of Marcella, and I don't think I've ever been happier to finish watching a show as I was this one. What a mess. She was so self-destructive and it just got worse as the show went on. Season 3 was an absolute mess. Don't recommend this show beyond S1.

I never finished S3.