• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I still haven’t done this yet!!

Ever since your text it’s been tops of my to do list and I can’t set aside the time uninterrupted. Flying to KC tomorrow and am trying to download it to watch on the plane.

Going to the Chiefs game?

Just now, Brandon said:

Actually, that’s even been hard to come by. Plus, I want to pay attention to the special.

Ironically, there is what I assume will be doozy of a Joe Rogan podcast yesterday with Ari Shafir, Shane Gillis, and Mark Normand.

Normand is a beast. 

1 minute ago, Don said:

Going to the Chiefs game?

Yeah.

More of a shits and giggles trip because I’m bored and don’t have plans this weekend, but there happens to be a home game, so I’ll be there as my family has something like 20 season seats between them all. I’ve been bad luck the last few times at Arrowhead, but with no Rodgers we have a shot.

Coming back two weeks later for Thanksgiving, too.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Normand is a beast. 

His voice takes some getting used to, but then it adds to his delivery.

His voice and Joe List’s are two of the most polarizing. And the fact they did a podcast together is kind of crazy to even think about. Speaking of which, look for the Joe List shitting in a shoe drunk story on YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah.

More of a shits and giggles trip because I’m bored and don’t have plans this weekend, but there happens to be a home game, so I’ll be there as my family has something like 20 season seats between them all. I’ve been bad luck the last few times at Arrowhead, but with no Rodgers we have a shot.

Coming back two weeks later for Thanksgiving, too.

Nice. I’ll be at the game too. My buddy is getting married on Saturday, then the whole wedding crew is going to the game the next day.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Nice. I’ll be at the game too. My buddy is getting married on Saturday, then the whole wedding crew is going to the game the next day.

Nice. Looks like t-shirt weather, too, in the 70’s (at least at kickoff) which is great for November. Looks like a good weather weekend all around.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

His voice and Joe List’s are two of the most polarizing. And the fact they did a podcast together is kind of crazy to even think about. Speaking of which, look for the Joe List shitting in a shoe drunk story on YouTube.

I heard that story on Kreischer's podcast. Classic. 

Bert: Did you quit drinking?

List: No, i drank that night.

40 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I just watched the shoe story, lol

That was great.

Netflix:  Replicas  A 2018 film starring Keanu Reeves.  Story about a scientist that is trying to pass consciousness to a robot.  Everything pretty much goes sideways, and where he was failing he needs to succeed.  Pretty average sci fi.  Good for Keanu fans, but probably not much after that.

Y - The Last Man https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8042500/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6 

Wow, this is pretty bad. Ten episodes of rampant misandry. Give this a miss unless you really hate men.

Spoiler

Basic premise is everyone with a Y chromosome dies except just one guy who happens to be the new president's son. Note: they don't say men as there are lots of 'men' without a Y chromosome - lots of transgender agenda narrative here.

So, Mr last man on earth spends ten episodes in this post apocalyptic world, where he clearly is the future saviour of the human race and despite being in the power of several groups of heavily armed women nobody wants his sperm. Nobody even mentions it. Finally in episode 10 he sleeps with one lady after some dating and flirting but again, no mention of hey buddy, you realise you're the only sperm in town so come on let's get this species back on the road.

Then one group of women, not happy that 99.99999% of all men are dead, decide they are going to kill the survivor(s) too, because yeah well, if you were jilted and let down years before by a few men that were already dead, you too would want to kill the very last ones left and wipe the human race off the planet, wouldn't you? Course you would.

I watched the entire season to see where all the misandry would lead, sadly, it didn't go anywhere, but I'm sure the jilted, man-hating writers feel a bit better. 

Eternals

6.5/10

Doesn't feel like a Marvel film. Not propulsive at all. CGI seriously is at an early 2000s level in some spots. Character building felt forced and yet too slow. I won't mind seeing these characters in other films or in a second film with a different vibe, if you will, but this tone won't work long term.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:16 AM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Squid Game  A Korean version of the Hunger Games.  It's also a trip of a series in that it's dubbed in Engrish and they have Subtitles.  And what they say, and what is typed out is like totally off.  But overall, kind of a bloody show.  Personally, the only thing I really hated was the ending, as they set up to go all Hunger Games sequels at the end.  When really they perfectly set it up to continue the story with the person they were really setting up for the sequel.  Definitely a good watch if you don't mind the blood and gore.  

What a stupid fucking show.

Apologies for being a bit vague.

Deceit - 4 part series https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12994306/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 

This was very good and a little different from your usual catch a murderer police procedural. Based on a true story (I remember it in the news at the time) it shows the other side of police undercover work, with an excellent performance from the female undercover cop who suffers for her work. Well worth the time invested.

For Mr Mercedes fans, it stars 'Brady' as an English detective. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

S2 Goliath. We have two episodes left. This is very tense television that keeps you coming back for more. 

Started Billions on my own. S1E3 it’s like a serialized version of Wall Street. It’s good and I’m intrigued. 

Patty is great, eh? 

Billions is very good. 

Have you watched Succession? It's brilliant, mate. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Patty is great, eh? 

Billions is very good. 

Have you watched Succession? It's brilliant, mate. 

my wife and i were both talking last night about how much patty has grown on us. she's terrific.

have not watched succession yet. will add it to my list. is it on prime?