• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Red Notice  So you have the Rock, who plays the typical strong man.  You have Ryan Reynolds, who plays the typical wise guy.  You have Gal Gadot, who plays the typical sexy wonder woman.  You mix them together in a heist movie. And it goes straight to Netflix.  Overall, it was an entertaining movie.  But really just to be entertained.  If you like any of the three, they play the characters well.  Just not much to the movie.  

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Counter opinion. Red Notice fucking blows. Nothing original. nothing plausible. Humor that isn't really funny. By the end of the movie I wanted to rip a arm off of the Rock so I had something to beat the other two to death with

The correct answer was, you wanted to beat the Rock with his piss bottle.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Red Notice  So you have the Rock, who plays the typical strong man.  You have Ryan Reynolds, who plays the typical wise guy.  You have Gal Gadot, who plays the typical sexy wonder woman.  You mix them together in a heist movie. And it goes straight to Netflix.  Overall, it was an entertaining movie.  But really just to be entertained.  If you like any of the three, they play the characters well.  Just not much to the movie.  

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Counter opinion. Red Notice fucking blows. Nothing original. nothing plausible. Humor that isn't really funny. By the end of the movie I wanted to rip a arm off of the Rock so I had something to beat the other two to death with

I think both of you are correct. Won’t be watching it a second time.

A day after watching Red Notice, I watched The Jungle Cruise. The Rock is the same character in every movie so you know what you’re going to get. They’re rebranding the ride at Disneyland, so I couldn’t help but think I was watching a two hour preview of what the updated ride is going to look like. 

Wife and I started watching The Sinner. The first season was terrific. We’ve started S2 and it’s been equally good so far. The series follows Bill Pullman as a detective in upstate small town New York. Jessica Biel, who is one of the producers, was the main character in S1, and story was really complicated and fascinating. Well worth your time.

I’m also watching a fun series on Netflix called Somebody Feed Phil. Phil Rosenthal is a producer in Hollywood (Everyone Loves Raymond) and is a real Everyman. He travels to different cities around the world and samples the cuisine. He’s part Anthony Bourdain, part Guy Frieri. He’s funny and charming, and throws in a generous amount of history along the way. Currently watching the Venice, Italy episode. Have also seen him in Seoul, Chicago, Singapore, Hawaii, and Morocco. Highly recommend this show.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Wife and I started watching The Sinner. The first season was terrific. We’ve started S2 and it’s been equally good so far. The series follows Bill Pullman as a detective in upstate small town New York. Jessica Biel, who is one of the producers, was the main character in S1, and story was really complicated and fascinating. Well worth your time.

I’m also watching a fun series on Netflix called Somebody Feed Phil. Phil Rosenthal is a producer in Hollywood (Everyone Loves Raymond) and is a real Everyman. He travels to different cities around the world and samples the cuisine. He’s part Anthony Bourdain, part Guy Frieri. He’s funny and charming, and

throws in a generous amount of history along the way. Currently watching the Venice, Italy episode. Have also seen him in Seoul, Chicago, Singapore, Hawaii, and Morocco. Highly recommend this show.

Sinner is a good show

Waiting for the new season which is coming out soon

Bill Pullman plays the flawed detective really well

@LouI thought you watched this already?

If not I think you'll like it

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Sinner is a good show

Waiting for the new season which is coming out soon

Bill Pullman plays the flawed detective really well

@LouI thought you watched this already?

If not I think you'll like it

Nope. Honestly, I've been waiting for my friend to watch it since we always like the same shows. (kind of like you)

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Nope. Honestly, I've been waiting for my friend to watch it since we always like the same shows. (kind of like you)

14 hours ago, Lou said:

I just asked a friend about this show. I'm waiting for her response before deciding whether to watch it. 

With all due respect.

Sad Cartoon GIF

30 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Really? I have only heard bad things about it. What did you find so compelling?

It's a great sci-fi show. Amazing visuals with a compelling storyline. What's not to like?

I also understand it's not a direct adaptation of the novel(s), and as long as you don't compare it to the original source and aren't are a purist you'll enjoy it.

Netflix:  Cowboy Beebop  This is based on a Japanese anime.  I've heard of it, but never read it.  But it's a sci fi about bounty hunters.  It reminded me a lot of Firefly, in that it's like a space cowboy type show.  The one drawback, is that it takes a while to get used to Harold of Harold and Kumar being a badass.  But overall, it was worth th watch.  I think sci fi fans or Firefly fans would really enjoy this one.

Finished S2 of Marcella. She has terrific instincts asa cop, but she’s got to be one of the most emotionally unstable and flawed characters in the history of television. She keeps sabotaging everything in her life, including every relationship. She’s very frustrating to watch a lot of the time.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Finished S2 of Marcella. She has terrific instincts asa cop, but she’s got to be one of the most emotionally unstable and flawed characters in the history of television. She keeps sabotaging everything in her life, including every relationship. She’s very frustrating to watch a lot of the time.

Ah yes, the flawed detective

It seems like they are all flawed in some way or another

Some have serious issues

But they can solve crimes through it all

Netflix:  Tiger King Season 2  Wasn't as glorious as Season 1.  This one was a weird season where they are saying the Joe was framed.  And then went off on a few episodes of how Carol Baskin killed her husband, which was weird.  Because that section played like one of Netflix's true crime mini series.  Bunch of conspiracy theories all around.  But nowhere close to the level of season 1.  And how they end it, looks like they will be going for the trilogy.  

By the way, all these people are too stupid to shut their mouths.

Netflix:  14 Peaks Nothing is Impossible  A documentary movie about a Nepalese badass, who did the impossible and climbed 14 of the world's 8000 meter peaks in seven months.  For a hiker, this was just an amazing movie.  I have trouble doing 11,500 feet.  And this cat did 14 of highest peaks in the world that are over 26000 feet.  I recommend this movie to everyone.  Really inspirational.