• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, Don said:

Don't Look Up was really funny. Reminded me of Idiocracy and Dr. Strangelove.

My wife and I saw a preview cut of it in July. I had a very mixed opinion at the time. Some really funny and thought-provoking stuff muddled with uneven writing and narrative.

I want to watch it again to see if anything has changed based on the stellar feedback I provided in the after-viewing survey.

34 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My wife and I saw a preview cut of it in July. I had a very mixed opinion at the time. Some really funny and thought-provoking stuff muddled with uneven writing and narrative.

I want to watch it again to see if anything has changed based on the stellar feedback I provided in the after-viewing survey.

There were one or two moments that I thought they were just a little too on the nose in getting some points across, but overall it was excellent. I completely lost my shit laughing like three times in the theater, and I’m not usually a laugh out loud at things person.

1 hour ago, Don said:

There were one or two moments that I thought they were just a little too on the nose in getting some points across, but overall it was excellent. I completely lost my shit laughing like three times in the theater, and I’m not usually a laugh out loud at things person.

The Oval Office scene was incredible. Jonah Hill's character is easily my favorite.

All Creatures Great and Small, S1.

Wife and I both read the James Herriot books in college. He writes about his life as a vet in the countryside of England. The stories are really interesting and well written. The series was a worthy effort of the books. Looking forward to S2 once it’s available on prime.

HBO Max:  8 Bit Christmas  One of those new Christmas movies.  Just seemed like a ripoff of the storytelling of Princess Bride and combine it with a Stranger Things vibe and a bit of a Christmas Story.  I will say that the ending was good though.  But overall, not much original about it.  A pass unless you need to entertain some kids.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

All Creatures Great and Small, S1.

Wife and I both read the James Herriot books in college. He writes about his life as a vet in the countryside of England. The stories are really interesting and well written. The series was a worthy effort of the books. Looking forward to S2 once it’s available on prime.

@Tank thanks, I'll check this out

Being the Ricardos 

This was a really interesting look inside the show and those involved in making. Luci and Desi Jr. we’re executive producers so I’ll take it as pretty factual.

It centers on production of one episode from first read-through on Monday to taping that Friday. At its core is the issue of whether or not Lucy is a member of the communist party, a story I don’t really remember hearing before. It’s sprinkled with lots of flashbacks, and there are questions about Desi’s fidelity, how he and Lucy first met, and how the show came into existence. If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll find this movie pretty interesting.

Netflix: Bathtubs Over Broadway

One man's search for hard to find recordings of Industrial Musical Theater albums from the mid to late 20th century.   He also searches for the composers and performers. 

These are theatrical shows were created for companies such as American Standard, John Deere, GM, etc.

I found it interesting because Dad worked at a Radio station and he often brought home "Not For Sale" albums.  I suspect some were from this genre.