• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just now, Tank said:

i also didn't understand why wanda made everything look like a tv show, and why the year of that show changed from episode to episode.

It was explained in the prior episode that her dad sold bootleg DVDs of TV shows. 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

i also didn't understand why wanda made everything look like a tv show, and why the year of that show changed from episode to episode.

Spoiler

the writing wasn't the best for setting all of that up.  i would like to have seen that issue tackled earlier than it was.  i think it's because she associates family with cheesy US tv shows she grew up watching with her family as they learned English together and stuff. 

5 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Uhhhhhh, stop it.

It had some of the best writing in the MCU.

Not everything can be as good as Magic Mountain photoshopped to be by the damn ocean.

Took me a minute to figure out what you referring to. 

7 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

It had some of the best writing in the MCU.

I disagree. The first four or five episodes were thought-provoking and excellent. Episode 7 was also great. Episodes 6 and the finale were pretty weak, and the ending was unsatisfying. 

I still had a blast watching it, and I'm glad it exists, and I will be watching Falcoln and the Winter Soldier.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I disagree. The first four or five episodes were thought-provoking and excellent. Episode 7 was also great. Episodes 6 and the finale were pretty weak, and the ending was unsatisfying. 

I still had a blast watching it, and I'm glad it exists, and I will be watching Falcoln and the Winter Soldier.

I disagree.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Spoiler

Did you really find the finale unsatisfying? Wanda gained new powers, she had to sacrifice her 2 kids, and Vision is brought back for real this time? Also both post credit scenes help set up 2 different movies. 

I felt like the quality dipped in the last couple of episodes, but mostly because of the editing.  

Some of the dialogue between Wanda and Vision is almost lyrical while some of the one-liners from Darcy and Woo were just doa. I'd call the writing uneven, but overall, not bad.  

Netflix:  Age of the Samurai Battle for Japan  Damn, my ancestors were pretty brutal.  So goes through the brief history of the reunification of Japan from civil war.  Pretty interesting what went on.  Really good history information for fans of period pieces.

4 hours ago, cez said:

I felt like the quality dipped in the last couple of episodes, but mostly because of the editing.  

Some of the dialogue between Wanda and Vision is almost lyrical while some of the one-liners from Darcy and Woo were just doa. I'd call the writing uneven, but overall, not bad.  

This. I couldn't really put my finger on it. But yeah, some of the emotional scenes between the two leads were incredibly well written. The Darcy and Woo (and the main bad guy, forget his name) scenes were almost cartoonish. The most cringeworthy line I can remember from the finale, "You just need to have a little more ... vision." Felt like a satire of the MCU.

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Murder Among the Mormons  Just another true crime series from Netflix that was well done.  And surprisingly, no backlash from the Mormon church.  The story is pretty bizarre.  So history and true crime fans, even Mormons, this is a good one to watch.  

My wife watched it and liked it

On 3/7/2021 at 3:30 PM, Taylor said:

WandaVision was fun, but it was definitely B-level Marvel writing. Somewhere between The Hulk and all the other MCU movies.

I'm hearing a lot of this from some people, while I hear great things from others. It's been awhile since I've seen a show create such starkly different opinions.

25 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm hearing a lot of this from some people, while I hear great things from others. It's been awhile since I've seen a show create such starkly different opinions.

I think the fact that it was getting all the praise kind of results in an expected opposition.  Maybe you can find fault if you look hard enough but they managed to create something unique in a place where originality is extremely rare.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

I think the fact that it was getting all the praise kind of results in an expected opposition.  Maybe you can find fault if you look hard enough but they managed to create something unique in a place where originality is extremely rare.

I haven't watched it yet, but I get the feeling that they made the mistake of elevating expectations with the first several episodes.

We just finished watching the HBO docuseries "The Vow" about the NXIVM cult. Really fascinating stuff. 

There's a 4-part Starz series called "Seduced" about the same cult, but it seems to go even deeper into how evil and creepy the founder is.