• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Capitani  A Luxembourg cop murder mystery series.  It starts off real slow.  And some things were obvious as to what was going to happen.  But it's an intriguing series where no one really tells the truth.  Eventually everything comes together in the end.  It's worth the watch if you like foreign police murder series.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Capitani  A Luxembourg cop murder mystery series.  It starts off real slow.  And some things were obvious as to what was going to happen.  But it's an intriguing series where no one really tells the truth.  Eventually everything comes together in the end.  It's worth the watch if you like foreign police murder series.

Have that on my list to watch

Watched a couple of episodes of Clarice on CBS.

Wasn't expecting much, another FBI/Criminal Minds/profiler type of thing.

But it was actually pretty good. Surprisingly true to the original Silence of the Lambs.

I'll keep watching.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

But it was actually pretty good. Surprisingly true to the original Silence of the Lambs.

I'll keep watching.

I passed on it because everything I've heard is that it's not very good. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I'll keep watching.

I wasn’t sure how much I wanted to watch it. Watched the second episode and thought it was decent. I was concerned it might be really intense, like the movie, and wasn’t sure that’s what I wanted to watch.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

I passed on it because everything I've heard is that it's not very good. 

As I mentioned I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

I really liked the original movie though. I've seen it several times.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

I wasn’t sure how much I wanted to watch it. Watched the second episode and thought it was decent. I was concerned it might be really intense, like the movie, and wasn’t sure that’s what I wanted to watch.

It's psychological, like the movie, and it picks up where the original left off, in 1993 I think. Starling took a desk job doing behavioral analysis. The female Senator in the original movie (whose daughter was Buffalo Bill's captive) is now the Attorney General and when a couple of female bodies turn up that appear to the work of a serial killer, the AG orders Starling back into the field. Starling suffers from PTSD caused by the Buffalo Bill case and prefers to not be in the field. However the AG insists and reluctantly Starling complies. Starling is something of a celebrity after the Buffalo Bill case and the AG wants her star power to satisfy the media that the serial killer will be quickly brought to justice.

When she gets to the field she is assigned to a team and finds that all her FBI teammates are men, she's the only female. So she'll have to work extra hard to prove her worth. There's a perception that she was "lucky" to have caught Buffalo Bill. The team leader thinks she doesn't belong in the field. One of the men on the team who is former military befriends her.

Starling immediately "goes rogue" by going off-script in front of the media.

If you liked the original movie you should give it a shot, you might like it. Who knows, after a few episodes it may get repetitive but so far so good.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

When she gets to the field she is assigned to a team and finds that all her FBI teammates are men, she's the only female. So she'll have to work extra hard to prove her worth. There's a perception that she was "lucky" to have caught Buffalo Bill. The team leader thinks she doesn't belong in the field. One of the men on the team who is former military befriends her.

Well, that's original.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Well, that's original.

Yeah it's good though.

The actress they have for Starling is pretty good. And the ex-military teammate is a Hispanic dude, which makes the white guys look even worse. Not original but still pretty good.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I particularly liked the second season.

we got through S1 E3 today and both of us felt like it needs more action.

meanwhile, we're almost done with S2 of justified. it's been very good.