• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Why not?

BSG is a space opera/drama and FAM is ultimately a drama. They don’t have much in common, and the writing is not comparable as a result. That’s not to say one is better/worse than the other, they’re just different beasts.

Ronald D. Moore has created diverse range of shows, and I’ve found it difficult to find similarities amongst them (BSG, For All Makind, Outlander) other than the fact that they are high quality shows with, generally, good writing/production.

4 minutes ago, failos said:

BSG is a space opera/drama and FAM is ultimately a drama. They don’t have much in common, and the writing is not comparable as a result. That’s not to say one is better/worse than the other, they’re just different beasts.

Ronald D. Moore has created diverse range of shows, and I’ve found it difficult to find similarities amongst them (BSG, For All Makind, Outlander) other than the fact that they are high quality shows with, generally, good writing/production.

Haha! You compared them.

Way to stick to your guns, chief.

8 hours ago, failos said:

Well the way people have been describing FAM it was starting to sound an awful lot like BSG. Strong characters and tense plot lines in a world that isn't our own. 

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Well the way people have been describing FAM it was starting to sound an awful lot like BSG. Strong characters and tense plot lines in a world that isn't our own. 

There aren't any aliens or any of that other nonsense you find in science fiction. As someone else said in this thread it's alternative history....

19 minutes ago, T.G. said:

There aren't any aliens or any of that other nonsense you find in science fiction. As someone else said in this thread it's alternative history....

Oh what a shame, the aliens were what I really loved about BSG :'-(

Obviously they are two different shows, it just seems odd to me that people would say they are completely incomparable because one is scifi and the other is apparently not, despite being created by the same guy.

47 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Alternative history would make it science fiction.  Science fiction does not need to have aliens.  For instance Quantum Leap is science fiction.  

Oddly with what you are describing, it sounds like Man in the High Castle, but 20 years later.  And probably not with the alternative universe, yet.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

What I have a learned today.  All you white people still look alike.  So I was reading an article about WandaVision.  And they were talking about Elizabeth Olsen.  Yeah, one of the Olsen twins I have always thought.  Younger sister of the Olsen Twins.  Doh.

Lol. She's like a foot taller and doesn't look like a painted skeleton. 

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Anyone watching the new Star Trek show? Some of my friends are raving about it.

I watched Discovery Season 1 that just finished airing on CBS.

It was worth the watch, but really they took old plot concepts and recycled them.

The series was exclusive to the CBS streaming service until Covid hit and they needed network filler.  It is doubtful if any of the other seasons get network time.

The Expanse was better.