• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 2/9/2021 at 1:15 AM, Tank said:

got through S1E3 tonight and i like it. Want to keep watching more but have to get to bed. 

i'm a fan of police procedurals so this is right up my alley. Givens is a solid character and i like his easy-going manner. he's intuitive and smart. he's also honest and straightforward, and after binging seven seasons of The Shield, it's a refreshing change.

the first three episodes have been well constructed, and i like that each episode is a new episode not a continual storyline like the last few series i've been watching.

oh, and the blonde chick Ava is very pleasant.

Stick with it you won't be sorry.

The Expanse Season 5

This was probably my favorite season since season 1. Finally they aren't running from plot point to plot point, and Holden isn't constantly being a hero. Here we got to sit with the characters and really see the fallout from the choices they had made in the past. The budgets have been bigger since going over the Amazon, and it was nice to see it spent on more than just visual effects. This season showed a variety of locations that felt much more lived in than in the past - the attention to detail went a long way.

Spoiler

The way they killed off Alex was stupid though.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hide contents

The way they killed off Alex was stupid though.

Spoiler

Yeah.  But I think it was the best way, considering they probably shot the entire season already when they canned him.  It didn't really affect the story line at all.  Although it left that whole family thing on Mars open.  Oddly, his story was probably the dullest of the 5 or 6.  If you include the secretary general and Roberta.  Mike Napoli was still the best.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:33 PM, Jay said:

Stick with it you won't be sorry.

S1E9 watched three more episodes last night. It’s a good series and the story lines are well done. He seems to figure out things without enough information just a bit too much, but it works.

Also, he seems shoot a lot of people.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:
  Hide contents

Yeah.  But I think it was the best way, considering they probably shot the entire season already when they canned him.  It didn't really affect the story line at all.  Although it left that whole family thing on Mars open.  Oddly, his story was probably the dullest of the 5 or 6.  If you include the secretary general and Roberta.  Mike Napoli was still the best.

Did they add all that in after the controversy? I guess that would explain how out of left field it felt in the story.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Did they add all that in after the controversy? I guess that would explain how out of left field it felt in the story.

Spoiler

https://www.distractify.com/p/why-did-alex-leave-the-expanse

Because the allegations against Cas were made after the show wrapped Season 5, fans are suggesting that Alex’s ending was written in abruptly. 

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:
Spoiler

It's basically mid scene, they cut to him and he's just sitting there frozen, not moving, almost like a visual effect. Then the next scene they just say he's dead. Makes me wonder if they just added one scene and cut out everything that might have happened with Alex after that.

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Compared to the rest of the series, his death was very poorly presented.  When he didn't answer i thought he had seen something unexpected on the monitor.  The following scene where they talk about someone dying was confusing,  until they mentioned his ex was taking care of the details. 

On 2/12/2021 at 8:10 PM, gotbeer said:

Amazon Prime:  Expanse Season 5  A very good season.  This one was more straightforward, and sets up nicely for the series finale season.  And Mike Napoli was awesome.  You get a heavy dose of him.  Definitely worth the watch for any Sci Fi fan.

Did you enjoy Anthony Rendon's performance?

image.png

10 hours ago, Slegnaac said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

There are pictures from the original finale that included the deceased character in question. One of those pictures were from the scene with Avasarala and the Rocinante crew with the deceased character included on Luna. Tragic how this show had to suffer from the idiot actor. The only solace here is we still have the books and the show itself introduced some really awesome new characters

18 hours ago, T.G. said:

Man Child, The Schea Cotton Story. Documentary on Tubi. 

it was interesting, and nice to see how his life turned out. They could have spent more time on his successes in life, IMO.

Worth watching.

I saw him play at Mater Dei. He was an absolute stud.  I believe he ended up his college career at Alabama. 

10 minutes ago, Redondo said:

@Lou

S1 of Rake

Really enjoyed it. I think you will also. 

Part funny, the Austrian barrister gets in many predicaments. 

On 11/17/2016 at 9:50 AM, Lou said:

I've been trying to find shows that aren't dramas so I can just throw on without having to think too much. That's why I liked Rake ( Not the Greg Kinnear US version!)