• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

15 hours ago, True Grich said:

All the talk about Justified made me decide to give it a shot. Tried to watch it a few months ago and bailed after the first scene. Watched it again tonight and I think I will keep watching.  Glad I gave it another shot, thanks to you guys.

Wow, the first scene? That is a bold exit...

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Wow, the first scene? That is a bold exit...

Spoiler

Yeah, when he shot the guy in public and no one screamed or ran off or anything... I thought... WTF?  This looks dumb.  I misjudged. I'll keep watching now.

21 hours ago, TaylorBot said:

Q: Into the Storm on HBO is excellent. A fascinating look into Qanon, as well as 4chan, 8chan, and the "unfiltered free speech" culture. The first two episodes are available now. The next two episodes air Sunday.

I ended up watching this. It's interesting enough that I was wanting to watch another episode after the 2nd one. 

Watching Money Heist on Netflix. It’s a four episode series originally done in Spain but translated into English. I’m in the middle of E3. 

it’s about a group trying to steal 2.4 billion euros from the National mint in Madrid. Reasonably interesting. Hope it’s got a good ending.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Watching Money Heist on Netflix. It’s a four episode series originally done in Spain but translated into English. I’m in the middle of E3. 

it’s about a group trying to steal 2.4 billion euros from the National mint in Madrid. Reasonably interesting. Hope it’s got a good ending.

Not sure where you're getting that there's only 4 episodes, but there are a lot more than that.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:51 PM, Tank said:

oh, no mistaking it, I've been watching "a million little things" since the beginning. it's a terrific show.

I'm getting bored of the storylines.

Spoiler

Te restaurant, the drug addict, the "meeting the kid".... yawn.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Not sure where you're getting that there's only 4 episodes, but there are a lot more than that.

yeah, it's weird. on netflix when i looked at it last night it said 4 episodes. finished the fourth and the story wasn't finished. so watched E5. not sure how many more to go but enjoying it, especially the cute blonde stuck in the vault with a bullet in her leg.

Mank

This was a fun look at the origins of the classic film Citizen Kane. Gary Oldman really caries this film as Herman Mankowicz a screenwriter who's wit and charm propelled him into the company of William Randolph Hearst, and golden age Hollywood elites like Marion Davies, David O'Selznick, Louis B. Mayer and Orson Wells. Who can say how true to life the story is, but I always find characters like Mank fascinating - so unabashedly talented, yet so fallible.

Interestingly, this David Fincher passion project was written by his late father and been at least 30 years in the making.

HBO: TINA

interesting look at the career of Tina Turner.  Includes home movie footage and recent interviews.  It really shows how hard she worked to get to the top.  Selling out arenas when she was in her 50s.

It includes the original version of What's Love Gotta Do With It, and compares it to her version.

One of her early gigs after divorcing Ike was a supporting role on an Olivia Newton John TV special.  Today it is hard to imagine that she would play second fiddle. 

8 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

HBO: TINA

interesting look at the career of Tina Turner.  Includes home movie footage and recent interviews.  It really shows how hard she worked to get to the top.  Selling out arenas when she was in her 50s.

It includes the original version of What's Love Gotta Do With It, and compares it to her version.

One of her early gigs after divorcing Ike was a supporting role on an Olivia Newton John TV special.  Today it is hard to imagine that she would play second fiddle. 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:57 PM, True Grich said:

All the talk about Justified made me decide to give it a shot. Tried to watch it a few months ago and bailed after the first scene. Watched it again tonight and I think I will keep watching.  Glad I gave it another shot, thanks to you guys.

One of the most underrated shows of the last 10-15 years. FX used to be prime material. The Shield, Rescue Me, Justified, The Americans... Justified is amazing. Need to give it a rewatch. 

Watched S1 E1 of "In the Line of Duty" and you guys were right... Good stuff.  Thanks.  Looking forward to watching more.  Now, I have two shows with several seasons ahead of me with Justified and this one.

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

Watched S1 E1 of "In the Line of Duty" and you guys were right... Good stuff.  Thanks.  Looking forward to watching more.  Now, I have two shows with several seasons ahead of me with Justified and this one.

They won't disappoint

25 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

I found Luther on STARZ On Demand.

I am through S1 E5, it has a similar vibe to some of the recent TV versions of Holmes and Moriarty.

Looking forward to seeing how the season ends.

Started out slow for me, but turned into a really good show

Netflix:  The Innocent Man  An interesting docuseries examining two murders in Ada, Oklahoma that occurred a few years apart.  They had similarities with different people being convicted.  It goes through the trial, and the aftermath.  An interesting look at crime in a small town, with ramifications that go on decades after.  A good crime docuseries, although it could have gone a bit deeper.