• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Have you watched it? Fascinating stuff. Those 8chan guys are insane.

Nah I can’t stand HBO propaganda documentaries. I don’t like Q either, but I refuse to watch that shit. Is it actually told from an object perspective or do they just trash Trump?

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Have you watched it? Fascinating stuff. Those 8chan guys are insane.

Agreed. It wasn't something that was pieced together after the fact. The dude that made the documentary and interviewed those guys for a few years on his own. Turns out he had talking to "Q" the entire time. At least the second one that made a majority of the posts. HBO bought it after it was already done filming. 

4 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Nah I can’t stand HBO propaganda documentaries. I don’t like Q either, but I refuse to watch that shit. Is it actually told from an object perspective or do they just trash Trump?

It's been criticized for going "too easy" on the Q followers. It focuses more heavily on the people involved in elevating Q from a LARP-type thing on 4chan to a full-blown movement with millions of followers. It does show some crazy people who are unabashed Trump supporters, but other than that it's not super partisan.

21 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

I posted in my reply to Taylor that HBO didn't make the documentary. They purchased it. Obviously Trump is mentioned but it's not really about him nor his politics. It's about finding out who Q is. 

Edited by st1ckboy

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Agreed. It wasn't something that was pieced together after the fact. The dude that made the documentary and interviewed those guys for a few years on his own. Turns out he had talking to "Q" the entire time. At least the second one that made a majority of the posts. HBO bought it after it was already done filming. 

Yep. It's crazy how he got the documentary subjects to be so candid with him. 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

I posted in my reply to Taylor that HBO didn't make the documentary. They purchased it. Obviously Trump is mentioned but it's not really about him nor his politics. It's about funding out who Q is

I'd argue that it's more about online free speech and whether "no holds barred" free speech is worth the consequences. I was fascinated to learn about the imageboard culture.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

It's been criticized for going "too easy" on the Q followers. It focuses more heavily on the people involved in elevating Q from a LARP-type thing on 4chan to a full-blown movement with millions of followers. It does show some crazy people who are unabashed Trump supporters, but other than that it's not super partisan.

I’ll check it out when I have nothing to do. I have been curious about what this Q hoopla is all about and who “Q” is...it has always kind of baffled me how stupid the whole thing is and how much traction the movement got.

Just now, Φαήλος said:

I’ll check it out when I have nothing to do. I have been curious about what this Q hoopla is all about and who “Q” is...it has always kind of baffled me how stupid the whole thing is and how much traction the movement got.

You'll probably like this documentary then. I honestly didn't know much about Q either before watching the series.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Yep. It's crazy how he got the documentary subjects to be so candid with him. 

The wheelchaired dude that started 8Chan explained it. He himself has done plenty of interviews and he said the reason Jim and Ron Watkins agreed to interviews because they were afraid of him controlling the narrative. I'm sure there was some narcissism involved as well. Lying straight to someone's face and thinking you are getting away with it. 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'd argue that it's more about online free speech and whether "no holds barred" free speech is worth the consequences. I was fascinated to learn about the imageboard culture.

That too. It was interesting to see the disabled dude that started 8Chan because he thought 4Chan was too restricted and then realize that shit people post is far worse than what he imagined. 

Finished S4 of Line of Duty.  It was a little slow developing for me... until the end of E3.  Probably the least favorite season of the 4 I've watched so far. 

Side note.... I read somewhere that Martin Compston is going to be the next James Bond. 

On to S5...

12 hours ago, True Grich said:

Finished S4 of Line of Duty.  It was a little slow developing for me... until the end of E3.  Probably the least favorite season of the 4 I've watched so far. 

Side note.... I read somewhere that Martin Compston is going to be the next James Bond. 

On to S5...

interesting idea about being 007.

Martin Compston wants one more series of Line of Duty for a "proper send  off" - Radio Times

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

He might be too old, but I like where you're going. My vote is for David Oyelowo.

Black don’t crack, my friend. Didn’t check, but there can’t be much of an age difference between Idris Elba and Daniel Craig, so I sense some racism on your end.

Edited by Φαήλος

1 hour ago, Φαήλος said:

Black don’t crack, my friend. Didn’t check, but there can’t be much of an age difference between Idris Elba and Daniel Craig, so I sense some racism on your end.

Idris Elba is 48. Daniel Craig was 38 when he first played James Bond in 2006.