• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I was wondering if I was the only one who considered this to be Hillbilly Vice. I got about 5 episodes in and bailed

I've watched 4 episodes and I'm not all that impressed. It's okay.  I will probably watch a bit more before I decide. 

Silk on the other hand, has been good. I'm only 2 episodes in, but I like it.

I'm all caught up with A Million Little Things, but my interest is wavering... most, if not all of the characters are becoming a bit annoying.

I really wish I could watch S6 of LoD.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Valhalla Murders  A police series set in Iceland.  Centered on a string of murders that they trace back to decades ago.  It was an entertaining series.  overall, it was worth the watch.

I agree. 

If you haven't already watched Trapped, you should check it out.

Netflix:  Stowaway.  Scifi journey to Mars film.  This one had the potential to be really good.  But the scripting just wasn't there.  They developed two of the characters, but the other two was kind of left dangling.  Ending ended in a very illogical way.  It's a shame too, because they did some things really well.  Probably only for sci fi fans.

HBO Max:  Mortal Combat  So the new movie out on the forever rebooted Mortal combat series.  All I can say is it was a mortal combat movie.  Corny, bunched together.  No real flow, barely a plot.  Really disappointing fight scenes.  Not worth paying for.  Really, only for big fans of the game.  And even then, it's just meh.

So, as I do about once a year or so, I watched the first 2 Godfather movies. It got me wondering if anyone has tried to use those characters for a series. I feel like you could pick up from where the De Niro part of Vito ends and lead up to the time we see Brando at Connie's wedding and do at least 2 seasons of solid work

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So, as I do about once a year or so, I watched the first 2 Godfather movies. It got me wondering if anyone has tried to use those characters for a series. I feel like you could pick up from where the De Niro part of Vito ends and lead up to the time we see Brando at Connie's wedding and do at least 2 seasons of solid work

I've wondered about that also

Would have be done right and the characters are there to develop

15 hours ago, Tank said:

watching S3E6 of LoD. holy smoke!

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, what an episode. Didn’t realize it was two hours long but every second of it was necessary. An amazingly well done episode. Looking forward to S4.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:36 PM, True Grich said:

Watched a fascinating documentary about WeWork on Hulu.  It's about the "making and breaking of a $47 billion unicorn." 

I believe it's only on Hulu.  Anyone else check it out?

Again, I found it fascinating.  Kind of disturbing as well.

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/topic/494-what-have-you-watched-recently-please-use-the-hide-function-for-spoilers-or-plot-lines/page/406/?tab=comments#comment-1673699

Mentioned it on 4/3 and I too found it fascinating and disturbing.  The office concept reminded me of group work projects taken to the extreme.  The company culture went from young and fun to cult like with people living in similar setups while the company retreat turned into a pulpit for Neumann and his wife.  In the end Neumann got a huge payout and a lot of people who worked there for lower salaries and stock options lost their jobs.  Had the company not burned through as much money as it did they could have pulled off going public but once they issued a prospectus which by all accounts was a joke Neumann was done for.