• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Apple TV - Mosquito Coast.

First episode was pretty good.  Anyone else watching it or has watched it?

I guess this is a new series. Watched the first two episodes and it’s really good. E3 airs next Friday.

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

I watched the first episode. It looks okay. I'll get back to it eventually.

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

I liked it

Not the best show out there, but worth watching IMO

re: DCI Banks. I watched the first two episodes. it's pretty dark and one my wife won't enjoy, so if i keep with it, i'll be on my own.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

re: DCI Banks. I watched the first two episodes. it's pretty dark and one my wife won't enjoy, so if i keep with it, i'll be on my own.

When I watch shows the character development is one of the keys. Some shows take a few episodes to get going. 

DCI Banks is one

Just finished "The Queen's Gambit" - excellent show. 

Very well made with high production values and an excellent cast giving some very believable performances. High quality TV.

Don't read anything into the chess content, you don't have to understand chess to understand the show as it is more about the cost of genius than playing the game. I'd give it 8 / 10 (and I'm not easy to please).

I’ve watched 6 episodes of Justified and 4 episodes of The Shield and both are just okay to me. Both have some stereotypical characters that are a little over the top, IMO. I know they’re both popular, but they’re a notch below the crime dramas I really like.

Another series I enjoyed that could easily make my top 5 is Fargo, but only the first 3 seasons. I never made it through S4. Chris Rock wasn’t very good, IMO.

I am liking Apple TV’s Mosquito Coast. It’s keeps me guessing. Justine Theroux and Melissa George star.

It’s about a radical idealist who uproots his family for Mexico after they find themselves on the run from the US government. It’s probably a preview of @Taylor’s future life.

Not top 5, but good.

Anyone else watching?

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just finished S5 of The Americans

Another solid season

Looking forward to S6

I really want to watch this and Longmire, but I’ll need to add some new streaming services to watch. Not there just yet.

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

I’ve watched 6 episodes of Justified and 4 episodes of The Shield and both are just okay to me. Both have some stereotypical characters that are a little over the top, IMO. I know they’re both popular, but they’re a notch below the crime dramas I really like.

Never watched The Shield, but Justified is a show that grows on you over time. The second season is where it really takes off.

Finshed S3 of Luther

Good but not Great season.

Spoiler

Shame about DS Ripley

I doubt any other UK Detective show would have arrested Luther.  Now way they had probable cause, just conjecture.   That was the weak part of the season imo.

Watch S1 E1 of DCI Banks, did not capture my interest, but will give it a few more episodes based on feedback here.

S5E5 & 6 of LoD.

The ending of E5 was a real wow! kind of moment. We started watching E6 but had to stop about half an hour in because my daughter was helping me set up my apple watch. We'll finish it tomorrow night.

Spoiler

DCI?/Di?/DS? Hastings has got himself in quite a pickle. I can't keep the titles straight yet. I like that they call him gaffer.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, Taylor said:

Never watched The Shield, but Justified is a show that grows on you over time. The second season is where it really takes off.

Ok... E7 & 8 of S1 were pretty good.  It's starting to grow on me.