• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 6/19/2019 at 6:54 PM, NJHalo said:

Did anyone watch City On A Hill, starring Kevin Bacon? It premiered on Showtime Sunday night, and is from the creators of Homeland and Ray Donovan. Ninety’s era cop drama in Boston. Looks like a winner.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, Lou said:

Watched it, NJ. It was good. 

Season 2 has begun.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:25 PM, Slegnaac said:

HBO: TINA

interesting look at the career of Tina Turner.  Includes home movie footage and recent interviews.  It really shows how hard she worked to get to the top.  Selling out arenas when she was in her 50s.

It includes the original version of What's Love Gotta Do With It, and compares it to her version.

One of her early gigs after divorcing Ike was a supporting role on an Olivia Newton John TV special.  Today it is hard to imagine that she would play second fiddle. 

I enjoyed it.  Although I thought it would have been much better served if it was a limited series instead of a movie. 

They cut out a lot.  Just on my basic interweb lookups, they barely covered Thunderdome.  And really more focused on the Ike angle, instead of just how impressive it was for her to get a big time role made just for her.  Also they glossed over her more recent life, and her thoughts of euthenasia.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I enjoyed it.  Although I thought it would have been much better served if it was a limited series instead of a movie. 

They cut out a lot.  Just on my basic interweb lookups, they barely covered Thunderdome.  And really more focused on the Ike angle, instead of just how impressive it was for her to get a big time role made just for her.  Also they glossed over her more recent life, and her thoughts of euthenasia.

Agree that a limited series would have been good.  

On 3/29/2021 at 1:25 PM, Slegnaac said:

HBO: TINA

interesting look at the career of Tina Turner.  Includes home movie footage and recent interviews.  It really shows how hard she worked to get to the top.  Selling out arenas when she was in her 50s.

It includes the original version of What's Love Gotta Do With It, and compares it to her version.

One of her early gigs after divorcing Ike was a supporting role on an Olivia Newton John TV special.  Today it is hard to imagine that she would play second fiddle. 

I've been trying to find time to watch this but I've been working for the man every night and day. 

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

HBO Max:  Q Into the Storm  Couldn't get past the credits.  I mean when it's based on a white guy and I guess a Japanese or some sort of Asian guy that speaks fluent english, in the ass crack of Japan as the source.  It just sets up for bad.  

It's a father and son that run the website 8Chan where Qanon would post. The white guy was one of the guys that is Q. 

Finished S1 of In the Line of Duty.  Excellent stuff.

Watched S4 E1 of Cardinal after I figured out how to switch my VPN to Canada and then was able to watch the show on CTV.  I've been waiting for Hulu to pick up S4 for a while and now I can just watch it on CTV.  I can mirror it to my TV from my phone and it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.  I really like this show.  I'm sad S4 was their last.

Still planning on continuing with Justified... and S2 of In the Line of Duty...

Edited by True Grich

6 hours ago, True Grich said:

Finished S1 of In the Line of Duty.  Excellent stuff.

Watched S4 E1 of Cardinal after I figured out how to switch my VPN to Canada and then was able to watch the show on CTV.  I've been waiting for Hulu to pick up S4 for a while and now I can just watch it on CTV.  I can mirror it to my TV from my phone and it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.  I really like this show.  I'm sad S4 was their last.

Still planning on continuing with Justified... and S2 of In the Line of Duty...

All of those are good shows

Finished S1 of Line of Duty. Good stuff. Started S2, and the chick under suspicion has all the markings of being quite the villain. 

Spoiler

I don’t blame her for clocking the neighbor with the excessively loud music. We had one of those when my daughter was 6, and they were as indifferent as they could possibly be. Endured their crap for 8 months before they moved. What a huge relief when we saw them loading their crap in the van.

Edited by Tank

33 minutes ago, Tank said:

Finished S1 of Line of Fire. Good stuff. Started S2, and the chick under suspicion has all the markings of being quite the villain. 

Reveal hidden contents

They made a TV show off of the Clint Eastwood movie? 

11 hours ago, Tank said:

Finished S1 of Line of Fire. Good stuff. Started S2, and the chick under suspicion has all the markings of being quite the villain. 

Reveal hidden contents

Line of Duty

What did you think of DCI Gates?

I thought Lennie James did an excellent job in that role