• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 4/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Apocalypse Now is one of the all time great movies. As Coppola put it, this movie isn't about the Vietnam war, it is the Vietnam war. 

Hearts of Darkness, the making of documentary is one of the all time great docs as well. The balls Coppola must've had in his younger days, it's amazing the movie was ever finished. The original idea was to actually film the movie in Vietnam while the war was still going on. 

On 5/29/2020 at 7:12 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

If I remember correctly Coppola was having trouble figuring out how to end the movie when his wife, who was filming the doc 'Hearts of Darkness' where this story comes from, came home and told him about the ceremony with the bull that was going to be done. He decided to film it and the rest is history.

Finally got around to watching this doc. So good. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Speaking of barbaric, I think I'm going to go on a Roman/Greek badassery spree.

Anyone know how or where to watch 300? I donated the dvd many years ago. I found Troy and think I can find Gladiator.

Any other recommendations? 

Rome (HBO) is the GOAT

I, Claudius is great too, but more of a drama.

19 hours ago, failos said:

Rome (HBO) is the GOAT

I, Claudius is great too, but more of a drama.

Maybe Rome is over hyped for me but I was disappointed. They had no budget for battles, and it's hard to take the plot line of the main characters seriously, as they exist only to give a view to the historical events. 

Just finished Longmire tonight. A fantastic show. Thanks to all who recommended it. I liked the final scene with Walt on the horse.

watched The Mandalorian S2E1 also. Looks like it’ll be a good second season. 

finally tonight I watched The Right Stuff. It’s on Disney + for anyone who’s interested. Good start. It’s about the beginnings of the US space program, starting with the selection of the Mercury 7. The tough part of this series will be trying to avoid constantly comparing it to the movie.

Watching S7 of The Blacklist on Netflix

Raymond is his usual self.

Elizabeth Keen has to be the dumbest and whiniest FBI agent ever.

Spoiler

Really?

How could Restova just walk in and out of the apartment building to babysit Agnes when there are supposedly agents out front watching out for Elizabeth?

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Watching S7 of The Blacklist on Netflix

Raymond is his usual self.

Elizabeth Keen has to be the dumbest and whiniest FBI agent ever.

Reveal hidden contents

Really?

How could Restova just walk in and out of the apartment building to babysit Agnes when there are supposedly agents out front watching out for Elizabeth?

This brings up an interesting question... what is the worst show you've managed to watch seven seasons of? For me I think I'd say Lost... it turned to shot around the 3rd season but for some reason I held on.

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This brings up an interesting question... what is the worst show you've managed to watch seven seasons of? For me I think I'd say Lost... it turned to shot around the 3rd season but for some reason I held on.

24.  The first few seasons were really good.  Then it was like how many times could you kill the president or nuke Los Angeles. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

24.  The first few seasons were really good.  Then it was like how many times could you kill the president or nuke Los Angeles. 

I gave up on that show after 2 seasons.