• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Hell on Wheels  An older series that came out in 2011 and went 5 seasons.  It's a western, loosely based on the history of the transcontinental railroad, kind of like how Deadwood was loosely based on the gold rush in the Dakotas.  I thought the first season was kind of all over the place.  But then they got their footing, and it was a solid 5 seasons.  The ending was a bit too yellow fever, and the heroes suffered from the typical what have you learned from movies stereotypes in regards to fights/gunfights among other things.  Overall, a solid western to watch, and you can watch the entire thing to it's definite series conclusion.  

On 10/30/2020 at 6:04 PM, Don said:

I'm 4 episodes in. The dubbing is kinda weird. And this may be due to bad translation, but some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy too. Yet I'm still watching.

Watched the last two episodes with just subtitles and no dubbing. Worked way better as a show that way.

21 minutes ago, Don said:

Watched the last two episodes with just subtitiles and no dubbing. Worked way better as a show that way.

Yeah, I was about to say that the stream I watched wasn't dubbed. Only 1 episode in, but I'll definitely continue watching.

Showtime: The Comedy Store

A six part documentary about The Comedy Store on Sunset Boulevard.  

I have always enjoyed live comedy, so I found this documentary interesting.  It includes discussions about Freddy Prinze's death, Sam Kinison's last words, and the beef between Joe Rogan and Carlos Mencia.  I  thought that Paulie Shore would have some major face time, but that didn't happen.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:29 AM, Tank said:

watched The Mandalorian S2E1 also. Looks like it’ll be a good second season. 

I fell asleep during it so the last 15 minutes made no sense. I'll have to watch it again. I kinda like the series but it is simply child's storylines, which is about a sophisticated as I think Favreau can get. 

Marvel:  Agents of Shield Season 7  Shut up Lou.  Anyways, finished it up.  Saw the other seasons, so was invested.  Overall, it was a weird season, but they kind of brought everything together in the end.  Oddly, at the end, might be the biggest sign of a tie in with the movies.  The first season or 2 were definitely the best and more in line with the movies.  Then they broke off all over the place.  This series never developed into what they thought it would be.  It had potential, but they just couldn't make it work.  I'd only watch if you were a really huge die hard Marvel fan.