• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

15 hours ago, Lou said:

Yes.

I've made the"no guns" point to countless people. 

Wentworth

Spoiler

I find it funny, that in this show, the one time they have cops pull out the guns.  It's out of the blue, like all of the cops suddenly have guns, and they shoot an unarmed person climbing a fence to evade capture.  Oh, and still not finished with it yet.  Think I'm on season 6.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The 2020 US version of Utopia on prime.  I started it out of boredom and because it was only 8 episodes long I finished it for the same reason.  Interesting premise but overall the characters and first season were nothing special.  Going to see if I can find the UK version which by all accounts is quite a bit better.     

2 episodes in, it is pretty crazy. 

I just have to say "The Killing" is the real deal. Every twist and turn... real characters. 

I'm in the middle of season 2 and this is a freakin' awesome show.

Spoiler

I love the how "messy" the police work is... how hard it is... how every time they think they have it figured out, they don't. The personal struggles, real emotions, etc.

6 hours ago, True Grich said:

I just have to say "The Killing" is the real deal. Every twist and turn... real characters. 

I'm in the middle of season 2 and this is a freakin' awesome show.

Reveal hidden contents

Glad you are enjoying it.

It's a solid show and character development is really good.

Finished the first 2 seasons of "The Killing" and it was one of the best crime dramas I've ever seen. Just can't say enough good things about it. 

There are no "perfect people" in this show - much like real life.  I liked how they revealed how flawed people are...

On 5/11/2020 at 2:17 PM, Brandon said:

Started Dave on FX through Hulu. Starts out with a bang and is pretty funny so far.

Wasn't planning on watching because TV sitcom shows are too basic and vanilla for me, but this is pretty solid so far. I know FX is a little different as a network, but I can't believe what they can get away with language wise. 

On 5/11/2020 at 5:39 PM, Keener said:

I just finished the season.  It surprised me with some substance.  

Reveal hidden contents

On 6/3/2020 at 10:40 AM, Lou said:

Santino is hilarious on various podcasts.

Now I'll have to check out this show.

Still haven't watched it.

Red Oaks on prime.  Set in the mid 80's and the main character is a college kid who works at a country club in New Jersey during the summers as an assistant tennis pro.  Entertaining enough to watch all 26 episodes which are under half an hour each.  I thought they did a decent job capturing the attitude and attire of the 80's.  The last season was only 6 episodes long and it felt like they were probably lucky to get that many to wrap it up but there wasn't much more to do with it as he moved on. 

Man In the High Castle also on prime.  Watched the first season and haven't decided if I'll watch the second yet.  Interesting concept and I like the setting in the 60's but it feels like they're trying too hard to surprise the viewer. 

26 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Man In the High Castle also on prime.  Watched the first season and haven't decided if I'll watch the second yet.  Interesting concept and I like the setting in the 60's but it feels like they're trying too hard to surprise the viewer. 

Stay on it.  It's a great show.  If I remember right, the first season was more of a setup.  

Netflix:  Wentworth  Finally finished this one.  Silly me, I thought it was a British show, but it's an Australian show.  It's a woman's prison drama.  Definitely a more advanced Orange is the New Black.  I thought season 1-7 were solid.  They really went into the characters, and through the first 7 seasons, really mixed new and old characters well, in addition to writing off characters.  Season 8 though I thought they were losing steam, and it seemed like they hastily introduced new characters.  Almost like they wrote it to finish at season 7, then found out, hey do more here is money.  Although season 8 ended well, the rest of the season almost jumped the shark.  If you liked Orange is the New Black, or that type of show, then this is a definite.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So one of the more unbelievable parts of the Die Hard commercial.  The battery getting shot and starting the car.  Apparently, that part wasn't something movies would teach us.  

is shooting bullets into a car battery really a concern?

Finished all of "The Killing" and even though I enjoyed it immensely, I was ready for it to end when it did. I think they got all they could out of the 2 main characters. A really terrific show.

I hope I find more shows that are just as good. This show really raised the bar.

Sounds like "Longmire" is a winner according to many of you, but I don't have Netflix.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Finished all of "The Killing" and even though I enjoyed it immensely, I was ready for it to end when it did. I think they got all they could out of the 2 main characters. A really terrific show.

I hope I find more shows that are just as good. This show really raised the bar.

Sounds like "Longmire" is a winner according to many of you, but I don't have Netflix.

If you can handle subtitles, there a lot of great shows.