• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Not a big fan of reality TV, but I really enjoy Survivor Man. I used to watch it whenever I "found" it and then lost track of it.

Started watching episodes on Hulu. No camera crews, just a dude with Gopros in survival mode. Good stuff

58 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Not a big fan of reality TV, but I really enjoy Survivor Man. I used to watch it whenever I "found" it and then lost track of it.

Started watching episodes on Hulu. No camera crews, just a dude with Gopros in survival mode. Good stuff

wait that show is back????? Same dude??? OMG

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I'm guessing he's watching the old episodes.

TG doesn't watch new shows. 

Old episodes. 

I'm not opposed to new shows. I just haven't watched much TV that last 10 years or so... so there's lots I've missed.

I'm watching more now because of the pandemic. 

We used to go to a ton of Angels games. I have more time...

Netflix:  Challenger The Final Flight  This is one of those historical moments that stick in my head as I was in High School when it happened.  They didn't hold too much back.  And they really focused on the O Rings, and the history of problems with it.  Although most of it I knew, it was still a pretty informative.  I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who lived through it, or want a history lesson on it.

Netflix:  Criminal United Kingdom Season 2  So if you aren't familiar, it's a cop show, where all the action happens in the interrogation room, cop spy witness behind the mirror room, or hallway.  And they use the same exact stage setup for 4 different countries.  This is season 2 of the UK series.  4 episodes long, so not that long of a season.  And all 4 episodes are fantastic.  If you like the Criminal series or are a cop who dun it fan, it's a must.  I'd even go as far as saying @Lou should put it at the top of his watchlist.

Netflix:  The Good Place Season 4  Didn't think it was as strong as previous seasons.  But it had some good laughs.  I thought it got more touchy feely and tried to go more spiritual than comedic in the end.  But worth it if you have watched the previous seasons.  It's a good safe family friendly comedy.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Good Place Season 4  Didn't think it was as strong as previous seasons.  But it had some good laughs.  I thought it got more touchy feely and tried to go more spiritual than comedic in the end.  But worth it if you have watched the previous seasons.  It's a good safe family friendly comedy.

One of the most unfunny, predictable comedies I've ever watched. 

On 9/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Challenger The Final Flight  This is one of those historical moments that stick in my head as I was in High School when it happened.  They didn't hold too much back.  And they really focused on the O Rings, and the history of problems with it.  Although most of it I knew, it was still a pretty informative.  I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who lived through it, or want a history lesson on it.

I just finished this and it brings up two of my biggest pet peeves

First, is that the vast majority of "accidents" happen when established or recommended safety precautions are not followed. And anyone who's ever worked around airplanes knows that once those seals shrink up in the cold they rarely go back to proper shape. 

Second, administrators and operators are never playing the same game. They never have the same stakes and it's those who are farthest insulated from the consequences who end up making the decision and it's never based on the integrity of the operation. You gotta have the same skin in the game and they clearly didn't

The 2020 US version of Utopia on prime.  I started it out of boredom and because it was only 8 episodes long I finished it for the same reason.  Interesting premise but overall the characters and first season were nothing special.  Going to see if I can find the UK version which by all accounts is quite a bit better.     

Finished season 2 of Fargo. More awesome TV. Great cast, good music and just great storytelling.

Didn't recognize Ted Dansen right away, but again great cast. Really enjoyed it. 

Started season 3...