• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Enola Holmes  A 2 hour movie on Nexflix.  Kind of a Sherlock Holmes spinoff.  It was entertaining.  It's pretty much banking on being a sequel, which it might just as well have done.  It's worth a look.

No, it's not. 

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

3 episodes in on season 3 of Fargo. So far, I am liking it less than the first two.

Reveal hidden contents

I like how the first two seasons connected to each other. Season 3 has been a little hard to follow.

I never got through the first season, I may have to pick this one back up from the beginning and see if Im more in the mood for it.

Netflix:  Ratched  So this is a prequel to one of the most famous movie villain nurses of all time.  It's interesting in that it looks like it's going to go right into the movie.  But then it takes a turn and away from the institution.  To me it was a fascinating series, just because of the prequel nature of it.  I'm going to have to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest again, since it's been a while, to see how well it syncs up.

5 episodes in on season 3 of Fargo and I'm still not liking it as much as the first 2 seasons. I will continue to watch, but most of the characters aren't that interesting even though it's a "true story." I'm sticking around because the first 2 seasons were so great on Hope's that things become more interesting.

Spoiler

Edited by True Grich

Fargo, Season 3, episode 8...

Spoiler

When the deaf assassin from season 1 showed up, I thought... ok, this is getting interesting and then the whole scene in the Bowling Alley was just out of left field and kind of dumb.

Netflix:  Wentworth  Just started this one, so still on season 1.  It's a British prison show, that is very similar to Orange is the New Black.  Just more darker and grittier.  I liked Orange is the New Black, but think this one is better, and am really enjoying it so far.  It's also very interesting seeing the differences between prison systems.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Wentworth  Just started this one, so still on season 1.  It's a British prison show, that is very similar to Orange is the New Black.  Just more darker and grittier.  I liked Orange is the New Black, but think this one is better, and am really enjoying it so far.  It's also very interesting seeing the differences between prison systems.  

I've seen them all except the new ones that just came out. 

Quite a few twists and turns. 

Overall wife and I liked it. 

Watched first two episodes of Season 4 of Fargo!

See @Lou I can watch more than just old shows!  I'm finally caught up!

The first 2 episodes aren't quite as good as Season 1, 2 or 3 so far...

But an interesting name came up in this season...

Spoiler

Milligan

On 9/3/2020 at 3:03 AM, Redondo said:

The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years is a 2016 documentary film directed by Ron Howard about the Beatles' career during their touring years from 1962 to 1966

Well done with lots of footage I haven't seen before. I remember when they came over here in 64.

They had a huge impact on the music scene. So many great songs to remember.

Watched it on Hulu.

Watched it and it was excellent. Some really good content that included great insights and interviews. 

They really were a phenomena and their impact has probably faded over time, but this film is a great reminder. It really shows how they evolved over a relatively short period of time. 

Enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Anyone watch "Top of the Lake?"

I watched the first episode and I'm debating if it's worth the time. Not sure I like the story line.

It seems to be criticality acclaimed.

I thought it was great.  

Not sure if it's your cup of tea, however. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Clark Middleton, who played Glen (the DMV worker/tracker), passed away on Sunday due to complications from the West Nile flu. 

Great character.

That sucks.  He was really good in it.  They gave him some good episodes this season.  

Watched a 2nd episode of Top of the Lake. Will keep watching.

Also watched 2 episodes of Harrow. Pretty good.

Also started watching Cardinal. Really like this one.

Balancing all 3...

Anyone seen Harrow or Cardinal? Thoughts?

Edited by True Grich