• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Always forget about this thread

I consider myself a movie/tv junkie....

.... and its literally been years since i watched anything new.

I rewatch old movies all the time... and dont even really watch them

Newest one i can think of off the top of my head was zombieland 2. Pretty funny, and dont even remember when i actually sat and watched it

Watched the movie A Hundred Streets starring Idris Elba (from the show Luther) and Gemma Arteton among others.

Three different stories to follow within a few blocks of one another. 

I liked Elba in Luther, so I thought I'd give it a shot and it was ok. It held my interest. Good, interesting characters.

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It was funny!

Ok, first one was better.

BUT... if you ever get a chance to see it.... the people of babylon.... so, sooo spot on for a certain segment of society today...

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

will smith gtfo GIF

Movie - The Last Full Measure. Terrific film. Great cast... Peter Fonda, Ed Harris, William Hurt, Samuel Jackson, Christopher Plummer...

Inspired by a true events about William H. Pitsenbarger.

Finished S6 of The Vikings on Amazon

Spoiler

Started out weak and the 8 episodes were stretched out of about 6 IMO.

The ceremonies with all the costumes and procedure when they are struggling to keep going were dragged out to the point of boredom. I'm sure they had them, but not so elaborate.

It did finish strong and had some twists to it.

Still it appeared the cast mailed it in for long portions of it.

Arkansas

Solid B for me. Took an interesting approach to telling the story and jumping around in the timeline. Vince Vaughn and Liam Hemsworth are both good in it. The movie is shot in a bit of an odd way too, which I liked, but some might not. Also, there's an argument that can be made that this movie should just replace True Detective Season Two and we all pretend that True Detective Season Two never happened.

Set Apart: The Jim Abbott Story
So I notice on MLB.TV that because of the pandemic they have a new section of "premium" content, and decided to look through and see if anything interests me... and I find this gem.
I was at his debut game at the Big A.  
Met Jim in 1999 when he and Boras came into the bar I was working at in NB and had a beer. 
I had never seen this and it was pretty emotional for me...not sure where else it's available but it IS on MLB.TV
preview here..
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/974fcba8d7a4408a8a59c50fad95da69

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Set Apart: The Jim Abbott Story
So I notice on MLB.TV that because of the pandemic they have are new section of "premium" content, and decided to look through and see if anything interests me... and I find this gem.
I was at his debut game at the Big A.  
Met Jim in 1999 when he and Boras came into the bar I was working at in NB and had a beer. 
I had never seen this and it was pretty emotional for me...not sure where else it's available but it IS on MLB.TV
preview here..
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/974fcba8d7a4408a8a59c50fad95da69

Nice. I'll check it out. I was also at his debut game.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:24 PM, True Grich said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Legends starring Sean Bean.. I like it so far.

Reveal hidden contents

Bean works deep cover and each time he takes on a persona... each one is called a "legend." He transforms himself into a completely different person to do his undercover work. 

Watched 5 episodes and I think I'm done. Just not into it.