• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  The Last Dance  Finally got around to seeing it.  It was good, although I didn't like how they kept flashing forward and back in the timeline.  I wish it was just a steady linear history lesson.  Oh, and Carmen Electra is still pretty hot.  Overall, if you like basketball even a fraction bit, it's worth the watch.  Heck, even if you don't like basketball but know who MJ is, it's worth the watch.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

It’s on my underrated list. One of the Coen’s more literary movies... it’s sort of a modern retelling of the book of Job.

Spoiler

Larry had everything that could go wrong, go wrong.

28 minutes ago, Redondo said:
  Hide contents

Larry had everything that could go wrong, go wrong.

Spoiler

My favorite aspect of the movie was how Larry kept trying to see the rabbi for guidance, so he could understand why he had such terrible luck, but he never could. Finally his son, who doesn't give a shit, has his bar mitzvah and gets a one-on-one with the rabbi and the wisdom he offers is simply Jefferson Airplane lyrics. 

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  3% Season 4.  Season 1 was worth at least the view, but it had huge flaws to it.  Then it becomes a trainwreck and fittingly ends in the appropriate trainwreck fashion.  It's a pass.

I've watched the first 3 seasons.

It's a weird show to begin with.

Thanks for the heads up.

I am continuing to enjoy Luther, but it bugs me just a little how easily he figures some things out. 

Spoiler

And the relationship with Alice is hard to believe...

It's kind of like a more serious version of Monk

HBO Max:  Richard Jewell A Clint Eastwood movie.  It's pretty drawn out and one dimensional.  Probably would have been better as a Netflix true crime type series.  But it's an interesting story, and worth it for those that want a small history lesson on what happened at the Atlanta Olympics.  

HBO Max:  Deadwood the movie.  This is one of those where I haven't seen the series in years.  And yet all those characters came right back with the movie.  It almost feels like a whole season would have been better.  But this was better than nothing.  It had the same feel as the series, although I don't remember them talking that proper all the time.  And the movie does what the series did and kind of left everything open at the end with no real finality.  

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

I am continuing to enjoy Luther, but it bugs me just a little how easily he figures some things out. 

Reveal hidden contents

It's kind of like a more serious version of Monk

Spoiler

Those things bothered me at first also.

Along with him being so violent and breaking things. Everyone just accepts it.

But it does get better. The writers take a lot of liberties with the script all the way through.

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

HBO Max:  Richard Jewell A Clint Eastwood movie.  It's pretty drawn out and one dimensional.  Probably would have been better as a Netflix true crime type series.  But it's an interesting story, and worth it for those that want a small history lesson on what happened at the Atlanta Olympics.  

I saw the last 10 to 15 minutes.  I think that was the whole story. Good ending.

Spoiler

Came in where he asks if they have any hard evidence to arrest him.

8 hours ago, True Grich said:

Finished season 1 of Luther. I liked it less with each episode, but will give season 2 a shot...

Some of the characters are a little over the top, but I am willing to hang in there.

Spoiler

Now that the wife is not in the picture it actually gets better.

Get used to the Alice thing because it sticks.