• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

Late to this one... just started watching 24. Never watched it when it was on the air...

Ah, that brings me back to my high school days. I had a lot of really strong opinions about 24, including that Seasons 1-3 are awesome, Season 4 is a horrible mess, and all the seasons after that are entertaining but nowhere as good as the first three seasons.

But it's been over 10 years since I last watched the show, so I'm curious what I would think now if I rewatched.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:37 PM, Slegnaac said:

Amazon Prime - The Pale Tourist 

The latest Jim Gaffigan stand up special. Two one hour shows.  I watched the first one, filmed in Canada.  He does give Canada a good ribbing.  Worth the watch, especially if you are a fan, or enjoy laughing at (with?) Canada.

I watched the second show last night, which was filmed in Spain.  It is the better of the two.  His joke about Lance Armstrong and handling the crowd reaction is great.  And we get Jim's insight on Caga Tio and Caganer (Who Knew!).

Highly recommend to anyone needing a laugh.

Started Black Sun on Amazon

Czech film so you need CC. They go really fast and they don't type out the short responses. Have to fill in the blanks on your own.

I like it so far and there are some good looking women in the show.

Along with that they show quite a bit of tits and for that alone it improves the rating.

Compared to the British shows where the women are rough looking.

Are there a lot of good looking women there or just this show?

Edited by Redondo

The Platform

Spanish movie on Netflix about a guy in this vertical prison where food is distributed on a platform that travels from the top level all the way down to the bottom. Extremely on the nose political commentary. Very interesting premise but it's held back a bit perhaps by budgetary limitations. Reminds me a lot of Snowpiercer but done as a stage play and in the hands of a lesser filmmaker. Still worth a watch though.

Spoiler

I found the themes a bit scary here, though reasonable given the context of the film. The female cell mate who volunteered to enter is clearly a symbol for the naivety of the upper class liberal. While I thought that was well portrayed the idea that her ideas could only be implemented through violence lacks the nuance of noticing that the real world is not actually a vertically stacked prison.

Netflix:  Umbrella Academy Season 2  A superhero type series, where something happens and a bunch of people are born on a certain date out of nowhere with superpowers.  Right up there with season 1.  If you liked the first season, you'll like this one.  

On 8/7/2020 at 11:34 PM, Taylor said:

Ah, that brings me back to my high school days. I had a lot of really strong opinions about 24, including that Seasons 1-3 are awesome, Season 4 is a horrible mess, and all the seasons after that are entertaining but nowhere as good as the first three seasons.

But it's been over 10 years since I last watched the show, so I'm curious what I would think now if I rewatched.

So.. I'm about 20 episodes in...

Spoiler

At first, I thought this is great TV. Then it started to feel like a soap opera.

So.. Terry (the wife) has her daughter sneak out, get kidnapped and then she gets kidnapped, raped, kills a man, has a cist burst, finds out she's pregnant, learns who her husband had an affair with, gets amnesia, regains her memory after nearly being killed, etc., etc.

And the daughter... Kim... kidnapped twice, has her friend get hit by a car, escapes from a burning car, goes to jail after being in a drug bust, brawls in jail, falls for the boy who kidnapped her, etc.

All in 24 hours. 

Really?

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

And it must have been during the coronavirus outbreak.  Because no way could Keifer drive from Santa Clarita to Los Angeles in 20 minutes.

there's another one where he drives from tehachapi to ontario in about the same amount of time. pretty awesome.

15 hours ago, True Grich said:

So.. I'm about 20 episodes in...

Reveal hidden contents

How dare you tarnish my good memories of Season 1!!!

Season 1 is basically two seasons. The first 13 episodes and the following 11 episodes are like two separate storylines. If I remember correctly, fans generally disliked episodes 14-20. But it ramps back up in the final few episodes, and there's a huge twist (that you may or may not have already predicted) coming up soon.

I finished Season 2 of Succession.

Spoiler

What a bad-ass final scene. I kind of saw it coming (I had a feeling Shiv and Kendall had secretly put together a plan to go against their dad), but it was still an A+ ending. Now I have to go from binge-watching the first two seasons in a month to waiting probably a year and a half before Season 3.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

How dare you tarnish my good memories of Season 1!!!

Season 1 is basically two seasons. The first 13 episodes and the following 11 episodes are like two separate storylines. If I remember correctly, fans generally disliked episodes 14-20. But it ramps back up in the final few episodes, and there's a huge twist (that you may or may not have already predicted) coming up soon.

Just finished season 1 of 24...

Spoiler

The best part was Lilly Palmer getting kicked to the curb. Of course Terry does... what else was there left for her to go through?

I am not sure I will watch season 2...