• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Getting back into Gray's Anatomy. Although I see numerous mistakes from a medical standpoint (for one thing, the nurses are mainly ornamental and the interns do everything - which doesn't happen. I have had interns on my unit before, and I basically had to tell them what to do.). The drama part of it is reasonably realistic, and the special effects are top drawer.

I watched the show without fail until the writers' strike, then I just never got back into it.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Getting back into Gray's Anatomy. Although I see numerous mistakes from a medical standpoint (for one thing, the nurses are mainly ornamental and the interns do everything - which doesn't happen. I have had interns on my unit before, and I basically had to tell them what to do.). The drama part of it is reasonably realistic, and the special effects are top drawer.

I watched the show without fail until the writers' strike, then I just never got back into it.

It's been awhile since anyone talked about 'Doctors Fucking' (it's official name) on here... if ever....

4 hours ago, Don said:

Watched Greyhound last night. Had read some reviews that weren’t great, but I thought it was really good. It’s freaking tense.

I was going to watch it until I saw that apple+ is a pay service.

I love a good WWII submarine story.

I binge watched "Hard Knocks" on the NFL network all day. it followed the raiders, browns, and Tampa bay. Very interesting to see the different coaching styles and how each team handled delivering the news of who was cut. every player they showed handled the cut process well and in a positive way.

I'd like to see baseball do something like this for broadcast.

Edited by Tank

12 hours ago, Tank said:

I was going to watch it until I saw that apple+ is a pay service.

I love a good WWII submarine story.

Just buy a new iphone and you'll get it for free. You're welcome.

Also saw Home Sweet Hell with Patrick Wilson, Katherine Heigl and Jordana Brewster recently.

Didn't care too much for it.

I don't think I like Wilson as an actor much. Something about him is just weird to me.

Dark

So I finally finished the series, and while I do think some of my fears about the story becoming too complex were founded, they ultimately stuck the landing and managed a coherent, fitting and emotionally satisfying ending.

Spoiler

I’m surprised more people didn’t see it coming, but HG Tannhaus feels like a red herring - the physicist with the time machine and the book on time travel but no knowledge of how either came into existence. It was a big DUH moment for me when it was revealed that he had created this story’s timeline by creating time travel in another dimension. That said I’m a little skeptical of Claudia being able to piece it all together, and I would’ve liked to have seen her make that discovery.

Ultimately the story is fairly tragic and I struggle with some of the more existential questions raised by the outcome. Many of the characters we have come to care about only ever existed as a result of time travel, and their knowledge of that creating a never ending feedback loop of suffering. Their only way out is to prevent themselves from ever coming into existence... it is quite nihilistic.

"Blackway" with Anthony Hopkins, Ray Liotta,  and Julia Stiles.

Meh...

Spoiler

Ray Liotta's character is like a hundred other characters he's played. The movie was slow and not that good.

Edited by True Grich

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Dark

So I finally finished the series, and while I do think some of my fears about the story becoming too complex were founded, they ultimately stuck the landing and managed a coherent, fitting and emotionally satisfying ending.

Hide contents

I’m surprised more people didn’t see it coming, but HG Tannhaus feels like a red herring - the physicist with the time machine and the book on time travel but no knowledge of how either came into existence. It was a big DUH moment for me when it was revealed that he had created this story’s timeline by creating time travel in another dimension. That said I’m a little skeptical of Claudia being able to piece it all together, and I would’ve liked to have seen her make that discovery.

Ultimately the story is fairly tragic and I struggle with some of the more existential questions raised by the outcome. Many of the characters we have come to care about only ever existed as a result of time travel, and their knowledge of that creating a never ending feedback loop of suffering. Their only way out is to prevent themselves from ever coming into existence... it is quite nihilistic.

Obligatory.

Spoiler

But yeah.  The whole season got dark.  

I really have to watch it over from the start again.  I know I forgot about things, because things were spinning in so many directions.  

As for them not existing.  That's the beauty of the ending, because the birth points to a new beginning.  Kind of like the Man in the White Castle.  Is it different dimensions and histories with the same people.  Or the people changing the different dimensions/histories?

A Simple Favor

I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie going in. I was guessing an awkward buddy comedy between mismatched friends in Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively. It sort of starts out that way, but it was a little heavy on the awkward and light on the comedy. This is a movie that keeps reinventing itself though, becoming something closer to the comedic version of Gone Girl. The tonal mismatch is a little odd though.