• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani: "...like the team. Love the fans...but more than that, I want to win. I'll leave it at that."

jsnpritchett

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

So given Pujols, Hamilton’s, and Upton’s mostly mediocre results, and Rendon being constantly injured in 2021, who has faith in the right FA pitcher being signed?

The man who will be identifying the "right" FA pitcher and bringing the contract proposal to Arte for approval is not the same man (or front office team) that identified those other players.  Perhaps with the exception of Pujols, previous GM's did the scouting and analysis so there is no reason to imply that Minasian will screw the pooch in a similar way as was done on the Pujols, Hamilton and Upton contracts.  He may not have done all that well with relievers outside of Iglesias but those were all budget bound peanut harvesting decisions in the context of not fully knowing what they had in regards to young in-house options.

1 minute ago, Junkballer said:

The man who will be identifying the "right" FA pitcher and bringing the contract proposal to Arte for approval is not the same man (or front office team) that identified those other players.  Perhaps with the exception of Pujols, previous GM's did the scouting and analysis so there is no reason to imply that Minasian will screw the pooch in a similar way as was done on the Pujols, Hamilton and Upton contracts.  He may not have done all that well with relievers outside of Iglesias but those were all budget bound peanut harvesting decisions in the context of not fully knowing what they had in regards to young in-house options.

^^^^^   You can't be afraid to jump in to the FA pool because of missteps by DiPoto and Eppler....

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

I wonder if Ohtani asks to be traded this offseason.

Of course, the Angels don't have to oblige to that request. But that would show that he really means it when he says winning is most important to him and put even more pressure on Moreno/the Angels.

I really hope Ohtani's disgust at the state of the team lights a fire under Arte and Perry. Trout was never the kind of guy who would publically call out the Angels but Ohtani has no problem with it, which I actually love.

This team is an absolute mess right now.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair here.... this is Ohtanis first full year since coming over. In the context of whats being argued here, that shouldnt be ignored.

Yep.  Angels are guilty of playing poorly in Ohtani’s amazing year.  When I read “we’re wasting Ohtani’s career” I can’t help but assume the person who said it is clueless. If Ohtani wasn’t shitty last year we are probably in the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, John Taylor said:

I really hope Ohtani's disgust at the state of the team lights a fire under Arte and Perry. Trout was never the kind of guy who would publically call out the Angels but Ohtani has no problem with it, which I actually love.

This team is an absolute mess right now.

Without the incredibly long absence of Trout and the Rendon injury, along with our hitters falling off the cliff in August/September, and with some better pitching and defense, we would probably be in the postseason. This team, when you look at it objectively, is not all that bad. 

We must cut down on the injuries next year. That's priority #1.