• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani: "...like the team. Love the fans...but more than that, I want to win. I'll leave it at that."

jsnpritchett

10 hours ago, fanfromday1 said:

One solution that everyone seems to be avoiding is - if Ohtani feels that this team isn't a winning organization, why don't the Angels trade him while his trade value is in the stratosphere? I'm sure he would bring back a boatload of prospects or even a couple of quality arms. (not that I'm in favor of that scenario). 

Because of this guy....

all star mind blown GIF by MLB

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree to many ifs going into 2022. DH coming to NL so his value will never be higher. Angels low balled him with that 2 year for 8 mill. Package him with Trout. Be like trading Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle in same deal. 

I don't know if you're joking with me or not. But the contract Ohtani got was fair at the time. He was just coming off TJ surgery and only pitched 1.2 disastrous innings. The Angels giving him more money than what his Arb years would have given him was a gift. Basically they told him we will give you a raise but we want you to prove it. At this point, he's proved in every aspect that he should get a new contract.

If the Angels don't do s*** for the next two years then sure, trade them. But not now. 

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

And therein lies the problem.

Arte’s 3 million fans fetish from having fans see superstar slugging, not understanding that pitching and defense get you into the post-season, which is what the fans flock to see anyway.

As for the “he offered Cole $300 million”, something tells me he knew the Skanks would outbid him anyway and that Cole grew up a Skanks fan.   He simply thought it made him look good to make the offer.

He has ZERO intention of EVER signing a superstar FA pitcher.

Watch him sign one of the superstar SSs, most of which have injury pasts (Seager and Correa) or crappy OBP (Baez).

It would be the most Arte Moreno thing to do.

Pujols, Hamilton, Upton, Rendon

Where’s the pitching?

Just stop 

15 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I heard post-game interview to Ohtani-san in Japanese.

He said, "Well, of course I like the fans, and I also like the atmosphere of the team itself. However, more than that, I have a stronger desire to win the game, and I think that makes more sense as a player."

From 2:08 to 2:26

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I was hoping the actual translation would be something like "I want to win but Trout and Rendon are pussies who can't stay healthy."

It wouldn't be great for the organization but it would be a fun day on AW. 

Rendon gets surgery on his hip.  Fat guys on AW, “pussy”

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

These more accurate translations should be moved to the top of the thread and the thread closed.

So his official translator...didn't translate it "accurately?"  That's weird.  Maybe Ippei translated it in a way that he felt was more accurate to how he thinks/knows Shohei meant it?  But, yeah, not sure what else I could have done initially.