• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani: "...like the team. Love the fans...but more than that, I want to win. I'll leave it at that."

jsnpritchett

I've said a couple times I can see Ohtani leaving, he doesn't have the deep roots Trout had, even worse the team has been a revolving door of people coming and going every year he's been here.  At least now he's made his wshes known.

Enjoy the next two years.  Hopefully they win and give him a reason to consider an extension, because it won't likely be about the money for him.

Btw, trading all the shit they have built up to try to get the pitching Maddon wants will only set the team back IMO.   They need to ADD without losing depth, the only way to do that is via FA.  Because adding three arms but trading off two and an OFer put them right back where they have been if injuries hit.  If they want a 6 man rotation, they need at least 7 viable SPs.

One solution that everyone seems to be avoiding is - if Ohtani feels that this team isn't a winning organization, why don't the Angels trade him while his trade value is in the stratosphere? I'm sure he would bring back a boatload of prospects or even a couple of quality arms. (not that I'm in favor of that scenario). 

1 minute ago, fanfromday1 said:

One solution that everyone seems to be avoiding is - if Ohtani feels that this team isn't a winning organization, why don't the Angels trade him while his trade value is in the stratosphere? I'm sure he would bring back a boatload of prospects or even a couple of quality arms. (not that I'm in favor of that scenario). 

This is an organization that refused to trade a closer having a great season who is going to be a free agent in a few weeks

What do you suppose the odds are that it will trade the Biggest Story in Baseball? 

I'm actually at the throw my hands up phase.  To the point where they might as well just go all in and trade everyone and take on more stupid contracts.   Because if they play for the future they're just gonna F it up anyway.  So try to win as many games as they can in the next two years.  

And if it doesn't work then just start all over.  

25 minutes ago, fanfromday1 said:

Ohtani is Arte's golden goose right now.  

42 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The problem is Arte. He’ll never blow up the team because the “yes men” under him keep blowing smoke up his ass to convince him he’s just a mediocre BP arm away from the playoffs. It’s as if he thinks this is the NBA and as long as you have two or three star players you can dominate the league. 

No.  He won’t blow up the team because he has Trout, Ohtani and an ego.  It isn’t about some mythical yes man. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I've said a couple times I can see Ohtani leaving, he doesn't have the deep roots Trout had, even worse the team has been a revolving door of people coming and going every year he's been here.  At least now he's made his wshes known.

Enjoy the next two years.  Hopefully they win and give him a reason to consider an extension, because it won't likely be about the money for him.

Well everyone is gonna offer him a ton of money.  Angels have the first shot, though... and the second... etc.

People said Trout was going elsewhere.  Money talks.  To everyone at some point.  

The Angels make a ton of money off Ohtani.  New fans. New advertisers.  They are gonna offer him a decent deal.

49 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Effort has been made. They did spend $88 million this year for 757 plate appearances

And therein lies the problem.

Arte’s 3 million fans fetish from having fans see superstar slugging, not understanding that pitching and defense get you into the post-season, which is what the fans flock to see anyway.

As for the “he offered Cole $300 million”, something tells me he knew the Skanks would outbid him anyway and that Cole grew up a Skanks fan.   He simply thought it made him look good to make the offer.

He has ZERO intention of EVER signing a superstar FA pitcher.

Watch him sign one of the superstar SSs, most of which have injury pasts (Seager and Correa) or crappy OBP (Baez).

It would be the most Arte Moreno thing to do.

Pujols, Hamilton, Upton, Rendon

Where’s the pitching?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Arte and Perry have two years to put a winning team on the field. pressure is on him, everyone is getting tired of losing. 

Improve the fucken Scouting and Development department s

Send the younger pitcher, Especially Canning to drive line and get them developed OR better build you own lab! Hire some guys from drive line!

Spend smart of pitching! 

Re-sign Iglesias

Get Stroman

Re-Sign Cobb

Sign a late inning arm 

16 hours ago, ScottT said:

Well everyone is gonna offer him a ton of money.  Angels have the first shot, though... and the second... etc.

People said Trout was going elsewhere.  Money talks.  To everyone at some point.  

The Angels make a ton of money off Ohtani.  New fans. New advertisers.  They are gonna offer him a decent deal.

Agreed and understood -- what I'm saying is I don't think the $$$ will be his biggest priority.  He's already left money on the table once, he's already the sports most marketable star -- his endorsement money in Japan is huge.  The GM that brought him here and won him over was fired.  

It's going to be about the chance to win a ring and right now the Angels chances to do that are pretty slim.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

As for the “he offered Cole $300 million”, something tells me he knew the Skanks would outbid him anyway and that Cole grew up a Skanks fan.   He simply thought it made him look good to make the offer.

This narrative never fails to make me smile. 

13 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

With Trout, Rendon, Walsh, Marsh, and Adell plus Shohei as the DH we should have plenty of offense. Look we could have AS at every position and with a shit pitching staff we're going nowhere fast. Great pitching wins games. We could also look at Michael Stefanic...

100%. Look at the game yesterday with a good pitcher on the mound. Held the opponents to 1 run and if we had a healthy offense we likely would have had a much bigger lead. If what Maddon says actually pans out with getting 2 frontline arms, the this team immediately becomes a contender. The bats are there, just need health and pitching.