• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani: "...like the team. Love the fans...but more than that, I want to win. I'll leave it at that."

jsnpritchett

Ohtani is not the only one on the team that has said the same thing. The difference is Shohei is not bound to this team for more than two years and will walk if the Angels don't make major strides next year to be a serious playoff/division contenders. Minasian is going to have to finish the rebuild instead of this never ending half way there roster.

The problem is that the angels need more than a free agent splash.  Which, they absolutely do need in the short term.  They have to get a couple of good pitchers in free agency.  That’s been true for like 3 years.  They’ve failed miserably in that area.  Fucking pathetic.  They literally can’t even throw money at guys that aren’t useless.  But more than that the organization fucking sucks - they’re bad at building a winner.  The whole organizational infrastructure needs to be changed.  The problem there is Arte.  What I’m saying is that the vibes are fucked. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

We do need a free agent splash.  The talent levels on the mound and offensively need to be improved.  Ownership may have to go over the luxury tax threshold for one season only to accomplish this.  

Assuming Upton can't or won't be moved, exceeding the threshold is probably the only option to fielding a competitive team in 2022 and beyond. 

Marsh and Adell need to be kept, however, unless it will bring in a TOTR arm.  

14 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

If that doesn't motivate the front office to aggressively pursue Scherzer and a couple of other front line starters, in addition to shortstop, and doing everything possible to retain Iglesias as the closer, I don't know what will.  

I would love to see Scherzer and Cory Seager in Angel uniforms next season. 

If we have give SS to Rengifo in order to sign a couple of top tier pitchers and Iglesias, so be it.

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The problem is that the angels need more than a free agent splash.  Which, they absolutely do need in the short term.  They have to get a couple of good pitchers in free agency.  That’s been true for like 3 years.  They’ve failed miserably in that area.  Fucking pathetic.  They literally can’t even throw money at guys that aren’t useless.  But more than that the organization fucking sucks - they’re bad at building a winner.  The whole organizational infrastructure needs to be changed.  The problem there is Arte.  What I’m saying is that the vibes are fucked. 

I agree with this somewhat. The disaster that is Trevor Bauer was only avoided because the Angels are viewed as an inferior franchise to their counterparts up the 5 freeway. Who knows how many players they’ve lost out on simply because the individual was willing to sacrifice a few million to have a chance at the playoffs. Hopefully they can snag a few top tier pitchers this off-season and some of their first 20 draft picks pan out.

If not Ohtani will go bye bye and that could domino into others following him including a certain specific outfielder who is the best draft pick this franchise has ever selected in its 60+ year history. 

24 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

321f03d6-6802-4ffe-96ce-ae2f94dce05f_tex

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

That'll really show Ohtani how serious we are about winning

With Trout, Rendon, Walsh, Marsh, and Adell plus Shohei as the DH we should have plenty of offense. Look we could have AS at every position and with a shit pitching staff we're going nowhere fast. Great pitching wins games. We could also look at Michael Stefanic...