• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani: "...like the team. Love the fans...but more than that, I want to win. I'll leave it at that."

jsnpritchett

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

And I love how AO conveniently omits 2020 for Trout as if it didn't happen.

To be fair, I actually think that's the proper way to account for 2020.  It was 60 games and he played 53.  No way of projecting how much he or anyone else would have played.  I basically toss out all outlier performances (whether good or bad), too.  Treat it as a lost year for all intents and purposes when evaluating anything.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

To be fair, I actually think that's the proper way to account for 2020.  It was 60 games and he played 53.  No way of projecting how much he or anyone else would have played.  I basically toss out all outlier performances (whether good or bad), too.  Treat it as a lost year for all intents and purposes when evaluating anything.

He was healthy and played. However, that goes against his narrative. 

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is one of those situations where -- shit is out of our control, so why spend time worrying.  Enjoy Ohtani while he's here and hopefully shit works itself out.  I just want the team to get back to winning.

Exactly.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:59 PM, Inside Pitch said:

I've said a couple times I can see Ohtani leaving, he doesn't have the deep roots Trout had, even worse the team has been a revolving door of people coming and going every year he's been here.  At least now he's made his wshes known.

Enjoy the next two years.  Hopefully they win and give him a reason to consider an extension, because it won't likely be about the money for him.

Ohtani will be a big hit on the Dodgers.

Instead of blaming everyone else, maybe Arte Moreno needs to look in the mirror.

Who hired those failed GMs starting with Reagins?

Who therefore allowed questionable managers to get hired after Sosh left?

Who therefore allowed numerous pitching coaches to be cycled through after Butcher left?

Who refuses to have a baseball savvy president of operations?

Who allowed Latin American scouting to dry up for several years a decade back?

Who allowed minor leaguers to have some of the worst conditions across baseball?

Who allowed the Halos to have a smaller than normal scouting staff?

Who was the owner when the Halos were suffering more injuries than most teams since the mid 2010’s?

Who owned the team when Eric Kay was being a total douchebag?

The buck stops here!   See below.

1768E0FA-D658-44C5-AEAB-89D22B9FFA99.png

Edited by Angel Oracle

Ya I don’t get the need some of you apparently have to continue defending Arte.  I’ve done that in the past and we’re well past it being reasonable at all.  The way he has his organization ordered has produced nothing but shit results.  I don’t care about questioning his “commitment” to winning or whatever.  Who can know that.  What’s obvious is that how the organization runs produces bad results.  At the end of the day I’m way too personally invested in the team to  ever stop paying attention or being a fan.  They’ve got me in that way.  But let’s cut the bullshit ya ? The team is pathetic.  The managers are responsible.  Arte is the big boss.  It’s his problem. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya I don’t get the need some of you apparently have to continue defending Arte.  I’ve done that in the past and we’re well past it being reasonable at all.  The way he has his organization ordered has produced nothing but shit results.  I don’t care about questioning his “commitment” to winning or whatever.  Who can know that.  What’s obvious is that how the organization runs produces bad results.  At the end of the day I’m way too personally invested in the team to  ever stop paying attention or being a fan.  They’ve got me in that way.  But let’s cut the bullshit ya ? The team is pathetic.  The managers are responsible.  Arte is the big boss.  It’s his problem. 

Who has defended how the organization is run?

To me basically we have a decade with several generational performances squandered.  A generational talent …. Probably the best player in the last 60-70 years is now likely on the back end of his best playing years and they’ve completely fucking failed to leverage it at all.  Now they’re working on fucking up the unicorn man’s years.  That shit sucks imo.  Arte bad imo. 

Edited by UndertheHalo