• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

28 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/07/02/trevor-bauer-dodgers-investigation-assault-mlb/7843569002/

"Hours before Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer was placed on seven-day administrative leave by Major League Baseball, a lieutenant with the Pasadena Police Department said the investigation into allegations that Bauer assaulted a 27-year-old woman during two sexual encounters is “bigger than we thought.''

“We were looking into some things and we thought we were nearing the end,’’  Lt. Carolyn Gordon, who is overseeing the investigation, told USA TODAY Sports Friday. "We are not close to the end.

"This investigation is bigger than we thought. So we have to look a few more places. We want to try to uncover as much stuff as we can.''

Gordon said the police department has received new leads in the investigation that began about six weeks ago.

“I’m not going to reveal any of the information we’ve received," she said. “We have some things to look into. Some things have been uncovered and we want to continue our investigation."

A female lieutenant? 

Hilarious!

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I will again say that I just don't understand why you or anyone else has an attitude like this.  Regardless of what she may have consented to initially, do you really think she said, "Yes, you may fracture my skull, Trevor"?   Consenting to/asking for certain things doesn't mean it's a greenlight for everything.  It shouldn't be that difficult to understand.  I'm not saying anything revolutionary here. 

I also don't understand why anyone is looking forward to mocking Bauer or yelling jokes to him about hitting people, etc.  Why is that funny to anyone?  Is it just some "locker room"/"boys club"-type b.s. that you and others think is funny? 

(Side note: I'm sure you'll respond with your usually attempted insults and put-downs, claim that I'm virtue signaling, etc.  I assure you now (as I have before) that I do not care what any of you think is the reason behind why I say the things I do.  I'm just trying to understand the mindset of any individual who thinks it's funny to call someone a "slut," make fun of assault, etc.)

I think you should stop letting Cals drag you along bruh 

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

That's fine.  As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this is particularly sensitive issue for me right now due to a close friend recently experiencing a very violent sexual assault.  Even though she needed medical assistance due to her inijuries, she was initially reluctant to talk to the police because she was concerned about whether they'd believe her and whether she'd have to deal with questions, jokes, etc. once people found out.  This thread is like a highlight reel of why women (and some men, too) are reluctant to report even the most heinous assaults.

But carry on with the jokes and dragging, folks.  You're so cool.

I don't think UTH has joked about this. 

Also, with what you're experiencing at the moment, you may want to skip this thread. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't say that UTH had been joking about this.  I just said "folks."  Was a general reference to anyone who had joked about it.

Sure, me skipping this thread probably would be a good idea--but it would also probably be a good idea for people to not to act like complete assholes in this thread, too.

Ok, it's your decision. 

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't say that UTH had been joking about this.  I just said "folks."  Was a general reference to anyone who had joked about it.

Sure, me skipping this thread probably would be a good idea--but it would also probably be a good idea for people to not to act like complete assholes in this thread, too.

I think your perspective is invaluable to a discussion like this.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/07/02/trevor-bauer-dodgers-investigation-assault-mlb/7843569002/

"Hours before Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer was placed on seven-day administrative leave by Major League Baseball, a lieutenant with the Pasadena Police Department said the investigation into allegations that Bauer assaulted a 27-year-old woman during two sexual encounters is “bigger than we thought.''

“We were looking into some things and we thought we were nearing the end,’’  Lt. Carolyn Gordon, who is overseeing the investigation, told USA TODAY Sports Friday. "We are not close to the end.

"This investigation is bigger than we thought. So we have to look a few more places. We want to try to uncover as much stuff as we can.''

Gordon said the police department has received new leads in the investigation that began about six weeks ago.

“I’m not going to reveal any of the information we’ve received," she said. “We have some things to look into. Some things have been uncovered and we want to continue our investigation."

1 hour ago, cals said:

I actually thought the opposite when reading the cop’s comments.  Like they were about to drop it but want to cross all t’s and dot i’s to cover their asses since this hit the media.  @ten ocho recon scout?

Firstly, this is how a criminal case goes. The PRO for Pasadena is forced to give an update, to satisfy the media, but is saying nothing. Theres ZERO benefit to revealing anything.

And you both can be 100 percent correct. "Weve discovered more things" can mean "holy shit, 10 other women have come forward with proof he did X-Y-Z", and it could also mean "we searched her phone and found her deleted text messages where she paid somebody to best her up after she left his place"

This is why I lecture everyone to not get too consumed with court cases being tried by the media and the court of public opinion. All anyone (outside of the investigation) knows is whats being released by Bauer and the victim's attorneys..... obviously both will be one sided

And neither is a criminal defense lawyer or prosecutor.

Remember that whenever you see Benjamin Crump, allred etc etc talking to the media...

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

So is she faking the skull fracture, or did she ask for it?  Its hard for me to keep up with the consensus of the Angelswin "enlightened".

We dont know that yet....

What we know right now is that her attorney is saying she had a skull fracture.

I doubt he'd lie about that. BUT, until an independent source confirms her medical records, for now its merely alleged

Again. For this or any other case, have to wait for the investigation to run its course

38 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

but it would also probably be a good idea for people not to act like complete assholes in this thread, too.

Haha come on man, this is AW. It’s a requirement to be a complete asshole…besides most of the stuff posted here is done jokingly. Just don’t take this stuff too seriously, we’re all just shooting the shit

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We dont know that yet....

What we know right now is that her attorney is saying she had a skull fracture.

I doubt he'd lie about that. BUT, until an independent source confirms her medical records, for now its merely alleged

Again. For this or any other case, have to wait for the investigation to run its course

You're no fun. 

And just to clarify my stance here. Im not, nor have I ever, defended Bauer. 

What Im saying is that he's got a very good defense set up for this already. 

I dont want him to beat the case. I would LOVE for the dodgers to get screwed, and his smug ass to be ruined. 

But I also expect an actual investigation to occur, and for him to be charged for actually breaking the law.

This isnt a black and white case. Its hard for a prosecutor to define what is too far in something like this. 

Like I said earlier. If you consent to boxing, and you sustain serious injuries from it, its hard to argue assault. 

And theres no law on the books pertaining to rough sex.

Felony domestic violence is assault with visible injury. This would apply. But assault needs to be with intent to injure..... and has to be unwanted. 

If you argue with your wife and slap her, leaving a mark, its DV. If she asks you to do it during sex, it isnt. 

Like I said.... this isnt black and white. From a prosecution level

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Remember when people here were bashing Bauer's social media posts? 

I bet you miss him now. 

I did like the guy on Reddit who posted, "So does this mean we won't see any vlogs from him for a while?"