• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

22 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Did she consent to a skull fracture?

Of course she did. Women are the gatekeepers so anything that happens to them is their fault. Something something pussification of America.

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

this isn't good, in my opinion:

After matters escalated, Bauer eventually acknowledged that he punched several body parts while the woman was unconscious in a police recording. A criminal investigation is ongoing, per the Pasadena PD.

He acknowledged that he punched her in da butt.

Out of their hands? The Angels suspended Mickey Callaway once allegations were made aware against him and kept him suspended while MLB conducted their investigation. How is it out of the Dodgers' hands? It also sounds like these allegations are more serious than anything Mickey has done.

Edited by rafibomb

7 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Out of their hands? The Angels suspended Mickey Callaway once allegations were made aware against him and kept him suspended while MLB conducted their investigation. How is it out of the Dodgers' hands? It also sounds like these allegations are more serious than anything Mickey has done.

Callaway didn't have a 2.59 ERA.

Question for those of you who think this was all a big setup and the woman is just doing it for the money.

If that's the case, wouldn't stuff like this happen all the time? You have to imagine most pro athletes are hooking up with random women.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Question for those of you who think this was all a big setup and the woman is just doing it for the money.

If that's the case, wouldn't stuff like this happen all the time? You have to imagine most pro athletes are hooking up with random women.

and beating them?

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

...or the backing of the MLB Players' Association.  I think that's the real issue regarding his status.  Here's more from Bill Plunkett:

I really don't know much about the MLBPA but aren't coaches backed by the MLBPA as well? 

https://www.mlbplayers.com/faq

All players, managers, coaches and trainers who hold a signed contract with a Major League club are eligible for membership in the Association. In collective bargaining, the Association represents around 1,200 players, or the number of players on each club's 40-man roster, in addition to any players on the disabled list.

How is this different from the Angels suspending Callaway despite MLB barely starting their investigation?

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

and beating them?

People were talking about the greed stuff before the full details came out.

Also, every time a high-profile person is accused of sexual harassment or rape, an army of men immediately use the "she's just trying to get fame or money" defense.

Just now, Taylor said:

People were talking about the greed stuff before the full details came out.

Also, every time a high-profile person is accused of sexual harassment or rape, an army of men immediately use the "she's just trying to get fame or money" defense.

I mean women do be bitches

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

"I'm so sick of this social media gameshow thing. I want to stop, but my agent won't let me. Ugh, gotta go film a scene giving a teddy bear to a terminal cancer child in an Angels jersey."

"The padres are just the better team. Ill probably use my opt out after this year and go there. Way nicer stadium, too."

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This one is "exciting" in that its a pro athlete, and the allegations are pretty crazy.

But I can say here with absolute convictions that false allegations of rape are extremely common. So much so that in all honesty, I think Ive taken twice as many that were proven to be bullshit than real.

This isnt me saying real rape isnt a common thing. Just that false accusation ones are, in my experience, far more common

The hinky thing on this one is she said she wanted to be hit, and was cool being choked. 

And she hired an attorney..... whos giving press conferences.

Thats something the general public never thinks of. She already has an attorney for being victimized... thats the District Attorney. Hes the one who will convict Bauer based on the law.

The attorney shes speaking through right now is the one who will get Bauer to pay her to go away.

The DA is free. The one whos in the story is very expensive.... she wont be the one paying him.

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This one is "exciting" in that its a pro athlete, and the allegations are pretty crazy.

But I can say here with absolute convictions that false allegations of rape are extremely common. So much so that in all honesty, I think Ive taken twice as many that were proven to be bullshit than real.

This isnt me saying real rape isnt a common thing. Just that false accusation ones are, in my experience, far more common

This might be true in your sphere of work, but the overall statistics say that false allegations of rape are uncommon. The FBI says that 8% of accusations are false.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684

I literally assisted on one 3 weeks ago. Woman claimed to have been raped while passed out.

When we contacted the suspect, he actually had a video of them banging. And in the video, she was slapping her own ass, saying "F me!" over and over again.

Some years back I took one similar to the bauer one. Girl claimed to have been raped, and somehow dropped off at her ex boyfriends house (who ran in crying saying "ive been raped!")

While I was talking to her, she repeatedly kept mentioning how she was bit, and showed us bite marks on her boobs and legs. And it stood out, because she kept mentioning it.... like when asking her about timelines, she would interrupt, saying "look, he bit me here too"

Then my partner found her facebook messenger. And we found the whole thread with her and the suspect, where she (aside from saying lets hook up tonight) repeatedly told the guy she wanted him to bite her, that was her kick.

When we talked to the suspect, he told us after they banged, she asked him to drop her off at a specific corner... which was the end of her ex-boyfriends street.

Essentially, she accused a guy of rape, because she was trying to make her ex jealous.

This Bauer chick can absolutely be telling the truth. There isnt near enough info available to the public to know that yet. (All we know is what each sides personal attorneys are telling us....). But theres more than enough here (her text messages, the fact she went back a second time) to be skeptical. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This might be true in your sphere of work, but the overall statistics say that false allegations of rape are uncommon. The FBI says that 8% of accusations are false.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684

No offense, but I couldnt care less what some FBI stats say. Especially since the FBI doesnt handle rape cases.

Ive been taking rape reports for 15 years now. In a city with a major college. 

8 percent is far, far too low....