• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

Just now, cals said:

And?  Are you quietly and smugly referring to those photos?  If you ask someone to punch you in the face you probably are going to get facial brushing.

I'm not really sure "she asked for it" is an adequate defense.

2 hours ago, cals said:

Her and the cops called him up and tried to get him to confess.  He said he didn’t do shit but slapped her ass when she was passed out.  The USA Today story mentions it.  Hardly a crime son the big scheme of things.

I read that part, but the quote specific im asking. Reason being, the story i read didnt mention him admitting to that (hitting her when she was passed out). It said he admitted hitting and choking her, but I didnt see him actually admitting doing anything once she was out.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm not really sure "she asked for it" is an adequate defense.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Well, she literally asked for it.  Like literally.

And thats the hiccup.

Again, he has a great defense. 

The burden will be proving he did something she wasnt ok with. Her saying so afterwards isnt enough. (Would have been if she didnt text him what she did).

Essentially, the defense will point to the first "date" as "proof". The prosecutor has to prove the second incident was entirely different from the first.

Just now, cals said:

Well obviously there is a line.    The question is was it legally crossed.  Let’s take the sex out of it and say me and you are hanging out.  I ask you to punch me in the face.  You gladly oblige and give me a black eye.  Then I get pissed and call the cops.  Have you committed a crime?

No but that's two guys hanging out.

Not a guy punching out a woman.

Maybe that's old-fashioned but I think there's a difference.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

Well obviously there is a line.    The question is was it legally crossed.  Let’s take the sex out of it and say me and you are hanging out.  I ask you to punch me in the face.  You gladly oblige and give me a black eye.  Then I get pissed and call the cops.  Have you committed a crime?

Only if you hit them in the ear. 

Just now, cals said:

Should there be?  I was having this discussion about this with my wife tonight (despite the fact that you guys think I hide these opinions from her) and I reiterated to her that believe the legal and criminal justice system babies women and it’s patronizing to women.

And OK, let’s take the woman out of the equation and put the sex back in.  What if you and I are gay boning.  Same situation except with gay boning and I get pissed after a black eye and call the cops (but this time I have a lisp when I call).  Crime?

Were you rendered unconscious and then proceeded to have your skull fractured in this scenario?

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Oh, so you know for sure this is how it happened?  My sister broke her orbital bone in a trip and fall.  You guys are acting like Bauer took a baseball bat to her head.

I'm going by what has been reported in the press, just as you are. 

18 minutes ago, cals said:

Ill throw another one out there.

Reverse the roles here.

Lets say this chick was a dominatrix. Bauer approached her for her funky shit. He texted her and said he wanted the wolf of wall street action.

He gets the same injuries.... and calls the cops after. She has texts from him saying he wants the S&M treatment.

Like i keep saying, this one is going to be tough to prove.

1 minute ago, Sam Hyde said:

no skull fracture ,, i'm surprised most news outlets haven't corrected or shared this new info yet  

And this is why I caution everyone against looking too far into anything before the trial. (On any of these big news stories)

The media is competing. They all want to report first, to get clicks. They arent going to wait to confirm facts...

And YK, on that fansided article, id be cautious there as well. Just because of how its worded. It reads slightly different than every other release about the cold call. And the person writing the article isnt privy to actually reviewing the call......

Im not saying its inaccurate, just that for now its hearsay. 

16 minutes ago, cals said:

Should there be?  I was having this discussion about this with my wife tonight (despite the fact that you guys think I hide these opinions from her) and I reiterated to her that believe the legal and criminal justice system babies women and it’s patronizing to women.

And OK, let’s take the woman out of the equation and put the sex back in.  What if you and I are gay boning.  Same situation except with gay boning and I get pissed after a black eye and call the cops (but this time I have a lisp when I call).  Crime?

I handed my wife the tablet with the texts and story and her comment was, it looks like he was set up. Not all women believe other women without reservations. Unlike Taylor. 

13 minutes ago, Sam Hyde said:

no skull fracture ,, i'm surprised most news outlets haven't corrected or shared this new info yet  

Thank God the doctors were wrong. It was only a suspected skull fracture.