• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I mean, have they?  They're .500 with a -37 run differential and the 10th-best record out of 15 teams in the league.

I would agree with this perspective except for the garbage bullpen he assembled. The primary reason this team does not have a better record is directly linked to the consistent failures of the bullpen.

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

I put on Roger Lodge while I was driving for the first time in years, guy is currently talking about how the thought of Heaney being on the Yankees makes him want to throw up after spending 15 minutes whining about how bad the Russell Westbrook trade is for the Lakers

You haven't driven in years?

13 minutes ago, mmc said:

I put on Roger Lodge while I was driving for the first time in years, guy is currently talking about how the thought of Heaney being on the Yankees makes him want to throw up after spending 15 minutes whining about how bad the Russell Westbrook trade is for the Lakers

Thankfully my radio is stuck on one station. Thankfully I still have a working 8 track for tunes.

34 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Can anyone remember a worse trade deadline? I hate to break it to some of you but Iglesias will not be re-signed. Fortunately the players will all feel supported and try their hardest because Minasian proved today that he still believes in them despite their -40 run differential.

It was disappointing. 

First time in ages they had actual viable assets.  Cobb may have been dinged by the blister, I know teams look for any reason to lowball the competition but I genuinely felt like they didn't make up their mind if they were buying or selling until the last second and so....it feels disappointing.   

I actually liked what they did do at least.

They weren't going to get top end talent for Heaney, or Watson... so, grabbing a bunch of potential middle RP options from someone else's failed starters was a good option.  But I will always wonder if there wasn't some mandate from ownership and as such, I'll wonder what Minasian might have been able to turn Iglesias into.  

I said long before the actual deadline that all I wanted was for them to decide who they wanted to keep and extend them, then sell off every expiring contract they could.  They may yet extend someone, but the lingering feeling I get is that they just sort of stumbled their way through the deadline... Obviously we will never know.

Here's to hoping they start auditioning guys for the bullpen soon.  They have 40 man roster decisions to make this winter.  Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a Trout/Marsh/Adell OF in September, it's never felt like a bigger reality than it does now.   

Keep working on it, Jo.

22 minutes ago, mmc said:

He’s back to whining about the Westbrook trade because apparently Russ can’t shoot which he knows because he watched every single Wizards game last year after buying the NBA TV package.

As I read what you're typing, I can't help but wonder if this is how the Emperor felt as he slowly watched Luke Skywalker get pissed off....  Let the hate flow through you.......

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Links pls.

I like the following if you want the names: Halfway Around The Halo, Locked on Angels and based on those two it’s worth a listen.  At first I didn’t like Locked On but I’ve learned to ignore the ads.  Goggle it.  I’ve have others, but after the Angels content I really like Effective Wild from Fangraphs.

28 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Well, everyone know Westbrook can't shoot 3's - 30% career percentage. But Pelinka will surround LBJ, AD and Westbrook with some 3 and D guys. All good...

Don’t even need D. They just need shooters. AD and Westbrook can lock the other teams offense down.

Keep in mind until August 31st we can still add players who would be able to help us in a potential playoff run (lol) via waiver claim or signing released players/free agents.  So we could still add a Cole Hamels type if all of a sudden we narrow the margin to 2 or 3 games or so by the end of August if we want to bolster the team for a run.

14 hours ago, mmc said:

Rogelio Chavez is not a knowledgeable sports guy, aside from knowing names.

Dude was a game show host (Blind Date).

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It was disappointing. 

First time in ages they had actual viable assets.  Cobb may have been dinged by the blister, I know teams look for any reason to lowball the competition but I genuinely felt like they didn't make up their mind if they were buying or selling until the last second and so....it feels disappointing.   

I actually liked what they did do at least.

They weren't going to get top end talent for Heaney, or Watson... so, grabbing a bunch of potential middle RP options from someone else's failed starters was a good option.  But I will always wonder if there wasn't some mandate from ownership and as such, I'll wonder what Minasian might have been able to turn Iglesias into.  

I said long before the actual deadline that all I wanted was for them to decide who they wanted to keep and extend them, then sell off every expiring contract they could.  They may yet extend someone, but the lingering feeling I get is that they just sort of stumbled their way through the deadline... Obviously we will never know.

Here's to hoping they start auditioning guys for the bullpen soon.  They have 40 man roster decisions to make this winter.  Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a Trout/Marsh/Adell OF in September, it's never felt like a bigger reality than it does now.   

Keep working on it, Jo.

The biggest problem, well other than the pen and the injuries, is Arte Moreno.   Let the GMs do their job, and you do yours.

17 hours ago, Dochalo said:

maybe.  but what isn't worth it for a guy who isn't going to be with the team next year on a squad that isn't going anywhere this year?  Who cares if you win 79 games or 83?  

Do you really believe that 29 other GM were all in unison about not giving up something better for Cobb and Iglesias than we got for Watson and Heaney?  

We've been fielding a sub .500 team for 5 years.  Does having a winning record this year equal a moral victory or would you rather have some additional options to choose from next year that we don't have now?  Or if not next year than the year after.  Or the year after that.  

That's part of my problem.  Everything is always about what's 3 feet in front of them.  Sure you have to mind the car in front of you, but if everyone is slamming on their breaks a quarter mile a head of you, you might want to take that into account.  

Arte is not a very good see through the forest guy.   It’s all about NOW.