• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I want a lot of things that are completely and utterly unrealistic.  It doesn't mean I'm gonna make poor decisions in pursuit of those things.  The angels missed an opportunity to get better as an org today.  It's just another bad decision to add to the list of bad decisions where they think something in the future negates a poor choice in the present.  Minasian could very well steal away another reliever in the future.  Doesn't mean he missed an opportunity to make the most of the one he already did.  

Doc I am not arguing one way or the other, just stating what is looking increasingly obvious, barring a last minute Trade Deadline deal announcement. I don't have a stake in this, one way or the other, and, in fact, I would not have been at all surprised if they had fully sold off.

This was why I wrote about the different scenarios where the Angels buy, sell, or go a hybrid combination, because team morale is another component of this equation that also concerns Moreno and Minasian and they made a decision (apparently) to sell a couple of chits and press forward with the season. I don't disagree that it is a gamble they are a lot more likely to lose than win, but it sends a message to everyone on the roster that they are not giving up, no matter how bad the standings are. For right or wrong, the die is cast.

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If nothing else he found a bunch of failed SPs with options to try out in the pen.  Selman also has another option year next season.

I kind of liked Selman before this and am vaguely pleased he came over to us. 😄

To me it look like a sellers market so I would’ve sold virtually everything minus trout and Ohtani. That being said we have to understand that there’s things we don’t know. My assumption is the blister played a part in not trading Cobb or there’s an agreement in place to extend him.

3 minutes ago, ettin said:

Doc I am not arguing one way or the other, just stating what is looking increasingly obvious, barring a last minute Trade Deadline deal announcement. I don't have a stake in this, one way or the other, and, in fact, I would not have been at all surprised if they had fully sold off.

This was why I wrote about the different scenarios where the Angels buy, sell, or go a hybrid combination, because team morale is another component of this equation that also concerns Moreno and Minasian and they made a decision (apparently) to sell a couple of chits and press forward with the season. I don't disagree that it is a gamble they are a lot more likely to lose than win, but it sends a message to everyone on the roster that they are not giving up, no matter how bad the standings are. For right or wrong, the die is cast.

as long as everyone is happy and signing songs around the campfire we'll watch them hover around .500 for another 10 years.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

as long as everyone is happy and signing songs around the campfire we'll watch them hover around .500 for another 10 years.  

I’m pissed about the way this was handled.  I don’t understand the decisions but we are likely a better team today.  Maybe.  I’m fucking pissed.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Do you think Iglesias should have been traded for anything? 

yep.  And it wouldn't have been for just anything.  way more of a chance in this sellers market that the return would have been at least decent than assuming they kept him in anticipation of an extension.  

tired of this franchise watching the paint dry while other teams do smart shit to make themselves better in the short and long term.    

fine.  run the team on a year to year like you're an elected official trying to stay in office.  Keep doing the same wrong stuff over and over.  Maybe it'll work in spite how dumb it is to do it that way.  

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

I don't. I prefer calm, mild-mannered, professional Doc. 😄

I'm always calm and mild-mannered.  And 100% professional.  Always.  

I don't like watching my favorite team make bad choices over and over and over.    

At the end of the day, I'm still gonna invite some friends over for pizza night and probably throw the game on in the background while I enjoy an adult beverage on my patio.  Then I'm gonna watch a couple episodes of Bosch with my wife a mess around with my kids.  Then I'll wake up tomorrow and eat a breakfast burrito from this really good place a bit away.  

None of which will stop me from posting my opinion about the team.  

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

what a waste.  Not trading Raisel or Cobb is almost equivalent to trading for rentals.  And for what?  A 2% chance of making the playoffs?  

Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, but just maybe he didn't receive an offer for them that was worth taking. At some point he has to field a team after the trade deadline and getting nothing worth keeping isn't worth losing innings. 

I know you think there are all these scenarios that work on paper but 29 other GMs disagreed. 

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm always calm and mild-mannered.  And 100% professional.  Always.  

I don't like watching my favorite team make bad choices over and over and over.    

At the end of the day, I'm still gonna invite some friends over for pizza night and probably throw the game on in the background while I enjoy an adult beverage on my patio.  Then I'm gonna watch a couple episodes of Bosch with my wife a mess around with my kids.  Then I'll wake up tomorrow and eat a breakfast burrito from this really good place a bit away.  

None of which will stop me from posting my opinion about the team.  

I like pizza. Not as much as enchiladas, but still...

8 minutes ago, Revad said:

I’m pissed about the way this was handled.  I don’t understand the decisions but we are likely a better team today.  Maybe.  I’m fucking pissed.

not sure I'm pissed.  what was done today isn't going to make me less of a fan or stop me from following.  I am just of the opinion that they could be doing a better job and I don't like to see them not.  What really makes it challenging is the redundancy of poor decision making.  A pattern that could be undone but has gone on for awhile now.