• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ettin said:

So I see you were talking about Raisel. What you don't realize or want to accept is that we have an owner who doesn't want to be a loser, no matter how much he interferes in baseball operations. You have a perfectly acceptable right to believe we should be sellers, but that directly conflicts with what Moreno wants which is to win, even if the odds are not in our favor. I am fine if we do or do not extend Raisel, there are always options to build a bullpen out of, so Minasian can literally go out on the market and steal away another good reliever from another team, rather than re-signing Iglesias (Raisel) at what will likely be a $15M/year type of deal. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, there are always options.

This point is missed by many. Arte is not intellectually or emotionally well suited to do what the Cubs and Nats did this month. It's his team. What are you going to do...

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Maybe, and I'm going out on a limb here, but just maybe he didn't receive an offer for them that was worth taking. At some point he has to field a team after the trade deadline and getting nothing worth keeping isn't worth losing innings. 

I know you think there are all these scenarios that work on paper but 29 other GMs disagreed. 

maybe.  but what isn't worth it for a guy who isn't going to be with the team next year on a squad that isn't going anywhere this year?  Who cares if you win 79 games or 83?  

Do you really believe that 29 other GM were all in unison about not giving up something better for Cobb and Iglesias than we got for Watson and Heaney?  

We've been fielding a sub .500 team for 5 years.  Does having a winning record this year equal a moral victory or would you rather have some additional options to choose from next year that we don't have now?  Or if not next year than the year after.  Or the year after that.  

That's part of my problem.  Everything is always about what's 3 feet in front of them.  Sure you have to mind the car in front of you, but if everyone is slamming on their breaks a quarter mile a head of you, you might want to take that into account.  

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Will we offer Cobb a qualifying offer?  It's like 19 million right? And we get a high draft pick if he signs somewhere else.  Too much for Cobb?

if Cobb gets a qual offer then the Angels are just blatantly stupid.  He'll take that in a heart beat and it would be a massive waste of what money they have to rebuild an entire pen next year.  And add a halfway decent SS.  And maybe another starter.  Or two.  And a decent backup catcher who can actually catch a pitch down the middle without making it look like a ball.  

50 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

who cares about that?  seriously.  they missed a chance to improve today for almost no reason not to.  this team will never get better if they can make the right decisions that might hurt people's feelings in the short term or are geared toward unrealistic short term goals.  

It's Arte Doc. He is who he is.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Iglesias is a surprise. But I guess the pen is so weak, they didnt want to lose the one decent arm. If they sign him this winter, not the end of the world.

Im honestly not surprised at Cobb. Id like to believe hes turned a corner. But what @Tank mentioned yesterday, we thought the same about Bundy last year.

I just assume there werent many offers of anything good being offered for him. "Something" maybe. But maybe not enough to take the hit in losing him.

Im not too letdown, just because I didnt see us having a whole lot to trade to begin with.

Id still like to see a move for pitching, using some of our guys in the minors. But thats not deadline deal stuff. More winter trades.

Agreed

Edited by stormngt

30 minutes ago, mmc said:

I put on Roger Lodge while I was driving for the first time in years, guy is currently talking about how the thought of Heaney being on the Yankees makes him want to throw up after spending 15 minutes whining about how bad the Russell Westbrook trade is for the Lakers

Seeing the words "Roger Lodge" on my screen makes me want to throw up. 

Angels' Dylan Bundy Throws Up All Over Yankee Stadium Mound, Pulled From  Game

Edited by jsnpritchett