• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

I mean.... Selman and Cishek might be OK as the 5th and 6th guys on a decent bullpen....so four more guys. 

Yeah, I mean can't Maddon just utilize Cishek better.

Like don't bring him in with runners on base.

I know this is problematic for a RP but Cishek could still have a role as a 6 or 7 guy out of the pen.

Just now, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Quintana? Yes. Cishek? No. Not because he's good, but because he's not as awful as the other options. 

I just want to take away Joe’s overused toy.  That’s at least half the problem with Cishek.  When and where and how often he’s used

8 minutes ago, TroutField said:

as far at the Andrew Heaney trade…. We should have kept Howie and tried to extend him. Heaney was never good as an angel.

30 career wins in 6+ seasons as a halo, with 1 complete game and 1 career shutout. a career WAR of 6.3. that's pretty pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I owe Perry an apology.

Getting 5 arms for two expiring contracts was good work.

Thank you.

Besides one of the pitchers picked up in the Heaney trade has the last name of "Junk". It is almost like Minasian picked him just for you, AO! 😄

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No chance.  They aren’t going to risk paying the closer close to $19 million for a season when they have so many bullpen holes to fill.  

I agree.

28 minutes ago, mmc said:

I'm sure trades are done but I'm still waiting for official confirmation that we don't have anything pending.  

18 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The Giants are also throwing in some Taco Bell coupons.

We couldn’t get a trade done with fast food coupons included.  I mean Del Taco and Taco Bell owe Chuck advertising fees.  Some fast food operations should not be charged.

7 minutes ago, ettin said:

How is it a fail if no other team actually wanted him? Not Perry's fault if the market didn't develop for Iglesias.

You people can't  understand the logic:

Something is better than nothing!

If we traded  for free drinks at happy hour it would be better than doing nothing and losing them in the Winter.

Cobb and Iglesias were the two best trade assets the Angels had in years.

Their contracts were expiring.   We got two potential major leaguers for Heaney.  You mean we couldnt get a little better for Cobb?  Or even better for Iglesias. 

The only reason why we didn't trade them is that the team has a delusional belief they cam still make the playoffs.  

Fine but we better make the playoffs or extend them.  Otherwise we lost them fir nothing.  Which would have been.worst case scenario.

Edited by stormngt

4 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Where else is he supposed to turn? Guerra? Mayers? Bundy? 

Well we can try Selman that we just picked up and is worth a shot, call up some kids, they can’t be worse.  Maybe we get more of what we saw last night.  I’d rather watch that anyway over Cishek.  

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

You people can't u understand the logic:

If we traded  for free drinks at happy hour it would be better than doing nothing and losing them in the Winter.

Their contracts were expiring.   We got two potential major leaguers fir Heaney.  You mean we couldnt get a little better for Cobb?  Or even better for Iglesias. 

The only reason why we didn't trade them is that the team has a delusional belief they cam still make the playoffs.  

Fine nut we better make the playoffs or extend them.  Otherwise we lost them fir nothing.  Which would have been.worst case scenario.

You...do not trade players for the sake of trading them. That's absurd.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

You people can't u understand the logic:

Their contracts were expiring.   We got two potential major leaguers fir Heaney.  You mean we couldnt get a little better for Cobb?  Or even better for Iglesias. 

Fine nut we better make the playoffs or extend them.  Otherwise we lost them fir nothing.  Which would have been.worst case scenario.

d6ea90b9-8adc-4586-924f-1aa1806545e2_tex

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

for those of you who are unhappy that they kept iglesias, who do you think would have replaced him as the closer if he had been traded?

I just want them to focus first on jettisoning/DFAing guys like Cishek and Guerra.

I liked that the two trades netted three AA pitchers and a AAA pitcher.  The upper minors are better stocked now.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I do agree that if we don’t extend Iglesias then it truly is a head scratcher.

Cobb on the other hand, there’s no reason we should’ve kept him.  So many Red Flags that if we extend he will be Bundy part Deux.  But I hope I’m wrong, he kills it for us, and this gets bumped later!