• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

1 hour ago, cals said:

Do you also buy frames and just keep the stock family photos in them?

• Al : Kelly, I know you're grown up, even though you still live at home and occasionally pick up the phone when you hear the doorbell. But, sweetheart, look, why do you think I carry your baby picture in my wallet.

Kelly : That's not me, Dad.

Bud : That's the picture that came with the wallet.

Al : Hey, when I bought this wallet, I had a choice - a little boy or a little girl. I picked the little girl. She's symbolic.

Kelly : She's Chinese, Dad!

Al : That's what I was hoping you would be!

Kelly : Oh, Daddy... I'm sorry I'm not Chinese.

Al : Oh, sweetheart, that all right, now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/albert-pujols-mlb-mega-contract-list-rodriguez-cabrera-kershaw-scherzer-220532734.html

Author of the article fails to mention that Cabrera was an extension but a lot of the big contracts are there with varying results. Some worked out, others too soon and others didn't. Cabrera has put up .293/.370/.476 since the 2014 extension and I'd have to think would have even better numbers with Trout in the lineup. I really need to let that non trade go LOL. 

30 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

For ten fucking years, too many of you have believed that the Angels owe Pujols  something mystical and magical for what he produced with the Cardinals.  

The Angels paid the man a quarter of a billion dollars - and back 10 years ago, that was actually worth something - and got jack shit in return.  Pujols never came close to living up to his contract with the Angels.  And you two idiots are still clamoring for "respect" for him for what he did eons ago.

He's a prissy, complaining, negative-WAR bitch, who hasn't been worthy of a major league roster spot in years.  The Angels bent over backwards to try to appease him.  But his production wasn't worth a tenth of what the Angels did for him.  Passing some dead guy on an all-time RBI list never helped the Angels at all in the past 10 years.

F that guy.

Agreed.  Anybody who puts this on the angels is delirious.   The angels informed Albert that his playing time would be decreased, and rightfully so.   Albert showing his pure selfishness by wanting to play full time despite evidence of his declining skills.  The reason has nothing to do with the team.  He just wants the opportunity to pad his personal stats.   Hubris. 

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/albert-pujols-mlb-mega-contract-list-rodriguez-cabrera-kershaw-scherzer-220532734.html

Author of the article fails to mention that Cabrera was an extension but a lot of the big contracts are there with varying results. Some worked out, others too soon and others didn't. Cabrera has put up .293/.370/.476 since the 2014 extension and I'd have to think would have even better numbers with Trout in the lineup. I really need to let that non trade go LOL. 

Meh, believe it or not Cabrera is showing an even greater decline than AP.  From age 34-38 (this season), Miggy has some put up an OPS of .733 (96 OPS+), hitting 43 HRs.  AP from age 34-38 went .749 (106 OPS+) with 141 HRs. 

Miggy has a .392 OPS so far this year and has two more years left, for a total of 104 million guaranteed plus two vesting years at 32 mil.  The Cabrera is extension is going  to end up being even worse than AP's deal unless he does a huge .180.  But at least the Tigers got the bulk of his prime years.

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Not only was it an extension, it was signed with two years left on the current deal. There was no need to extend him that early! 

8 hours ago, disarcina said:

Angels really bungled this Albert deal.

He's a first ballot HOF'er and deserves a better send off than this unceremonious dumping.

Now, I think Albert has been a GIDP disaster mainly in the middle of the line up the past few years.

I think the Halos should have thought this out - the time to end this would have been before the season started.

but this, after a bad stretch by the Halos - not sure if it's the way to go.

the Angels have been playing terrible the past two weeks. the problem seems to be in the pen and rotation.

By all current reports,  Albert wants to play 1B as a regular. The person bungling this is Albert with his delusions. He has done nothing for the Angels and had no impact on the metrics that matter. By all current reports,  the Angels tried but were rebuffed by his majesty. Any small elements of respect I had for Albert was erased by his reported line in the sand regarding playing time.

43 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The problem has been the defense, of which AP played a huge role.  

I agree there could/should have been a more elegant exit, but AP wanted no part of that.... He stubbornly believes he can turn it around despite five years of evidence he cannot.  Nobody wanted to see it end like this, but a team can only pay homage to the past for so long and since Walsh's emergence it could no longer be argued there weren't better options available.  There isnt any scenario in which AP gets play time where he is a better option than the other players on the roster... Even Rojas who struggled mightily coming out of the gate represents a better option.

When push comes to shove the Angels bent over backwards for AP.  They continued to give him at bats. They talked up his past while turning a blind eye to his present because they DID respect his legacy, now they are catching shit for letting him go from many of the same people that spent the last five years ripping them for not caring enough about winning.

This is what caring about winning looks like, feelings be damned.

It sucks, it might seem cold but there is no question its what needed to happen in light of APs refusal to be a bench player.

I guess Albert wants the money and the playing time. (Neither being earned) Albert's parents should call the athletic director and demand a change.