• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

13 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Certainly not a man of his word.  He told the cardinals fans he would never leave just for more money.   The told the angels fans he’d retire when he couldn’t contribute.  Neither happened.  

Was thinking about this yesterday, reference the Pedro tweet.

Pedro says the angels are dissing albert... didnt he do the same to the cards? 

Punols left st louis for what he felt was more deserved money (and back then, with the market, he was right). The angels now also have better options...

It would have been better all around for him to finish this year on the bench, and have a decent sendoff. But he didnt want that

Sorry pedro

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I believe I read once that Fox tacked another billion on if the Angels committed to signing some stars. $2b to $3b.

I am willing to bet a thousand internet dollars, that you read that 'fact' here, posted by some Arte-slurper.

@Dollar Bill, who writes for the LA Times, and I am assuming has some real knowledge, said on this board last week that Fox Sports was scared shitless about the Angels forming their own network.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

I am willing to bet a thousand internet dollars, that you read that 'fact' here, posted by some Arte-slurper.

@Dollar Bill, who writes for the LA Times, and I am assuming has some real knowledge, said on this board last week that Fox Sports was scared shitless about the Angels forming their own network.

The truth is probably something like. . . 
The Angels were hard negotiating for a higher number and used “look at what we just did and how we are going to be committed to putting a winning team in the field” as one of many argumentative elements to support their ask in the negotiations.

And somebody did a spin job that the Angels got the higher number specifically by signing Pujols.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Couldn’t it be both? Either way I doubt the agreement had a section detailing “Dear Angels plz sign at least one star and you get another billion” but it certainly seems plausible that a multi-billion dollar corp could offer another billion (while being scared shitless of an Angels network) up as incentive to add star power to help ratings and for this to have come up in negotiations. 

Arte could have spent dramatically more or less on payroll at any point in time, independent of the Angels signing Pujols. He has the money. It’s his business what he does with it. We’re just here to buy up product and watch.

56 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

the one and only.

At a late 2011 makeshift AW tailgate before the Halos/A’s game here, a couple of A’s fans joined the tailgate
One of the dudes could have been a clone of Jason Segal.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

At a late 2011 makeshift AW tailgate before the Halos/A’s game here, a couple of A’s fans joined the tailgate
One of the dudes could have been a clone of Jason Segal.

If you got a good look at his package I could probably confirm whether or not it was him.