• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

2021.  Anything other than leading a parade is characterized as “hate.”

Yawn.

No, automatically having a perception of "selfishness" or "greediness " or "arogance" is an example of "severe dislike".  In other words, hate.

I never thought of him as much of a clubhouse guy.  The only story I heard is where he and Torii almost came to blows over an in-game incident and Torii being upset with Albert pouting when he went hitless.  Whatever, we need someone to fire up the team.  Trout doesn't seem to be very vocal, neither is Fletch.  Rendon is too laid back, Ohtani can't speak the language and Ippei can't lead by example.  We need the Erstad/Weaver types to step up but I don't see any on our roster.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Noting someone is acting selfishly is “hate”?

God help us.

Automatically assuming someone's motives in a negative light hating.

You claim he is selfish with nothing more than press briefings.  You do not know his real feelings.  However your hate for Pujols automatically makes you believe their are dark motives.  You never look at him in a positive light.  You only look at him withing a negative perception. 

I like Perry.  He needs to do better on picking starting pitchers, but he has some big hairy balls to DFA Albert.  Albert is completely delusional and any knowledgeable fan recognizes the reality of his contract with the Angels.  The only surprise is with the Angels making the move that everyone knows needed to happen.  I want to wish Albert well, but really don't care what he does.  He will never be an Angel for me.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

No, automatically having a perception of "selfishness" or "greediness " or "arogance" is an example of "severe dislike".  In other words, hate.

I gotta go back at this.

This is the sloppiest, irrational thinking imaginable.

You should be embarrassed.

5 minutes ago, oldguy said:

I never thought of him as much of a clubhouse guy.  The only story I heard is where he and Torii almost came to blows over an in-game incident and Torii being upset with Albert pouting when he went hitless.  Whatever, we need someone to fire up the team.  Trout doesn't seem to be very vocal, neither is Fletch.  Rendon is too laid back, Ohtani can't speak the language and Ippei can't lead by example.  We need the Erstad/Weaver types to step up but I don't see any on our roster.

Which won’t really make a difference.  

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Automatically assuming someone's motives in a negative light hating.

You claim he is selfish with nothing more than press briefings.  You do not know his real feelings.  However your hate for Pujols automatically makes you believe their are dark motives.  You never look at him in a positive light.  You only look at him withing a negative perception. 

“Hate for Pujols?”

Sorry bro but you are smoking crack.  I have never hated Pujols.  Ever.

Being done with him playing everyday isnt hate.

But thank you sincerely for literally proving my point exactly on 2021 and how everything other than being at the forefront of a celebration and endorsing something 24/7 is now categorized as hate.

You sound stupid. (One more edit to help you here: saying you sound stupid doesn’t mean I hate you, ok?  It just mean that, well, you sound stupid.)

Try reading words for their actual meanings.  It’s fun.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Yeah, I don't think anyone here ever "hated" Pujols. I hated the lineup situation caused by him continuing to play well past the point that he was a viable major league player, but I don't hold that against him personally. He was getting paid a lot of money to keep playing, and by all accounts he always worked his ass off to be the best possible player he could be. There's nothing wrong with that on his end. It was the FO that failed to force the issue until today.

46 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You really think a little more of a heads up on this would have resulted in a different attitude from Pujols?

The first day they say it out loud is the first day he says he isn’t down with it.  That day arrived.

Maybe not, but the more time you know about a problem gives you more time to deal with it. Perhaps there would have been cooler heads on both sides.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone here ever "hated" Pujols. I hated the lineup situation caused by him continuing to play well past the point that he was a viable major league player, but I don't hold that against him personally. He was getting paid a lot of money to keep playing, and by all accounts he always worked his ass off to be the best possible player he could be. There's nothing wrong with that on his end. It was the FO that failed to force the issue until today.

At some point it was correct to dislike seeing his name in the lineup.  But I don’t think I have ever actually met anyone that hated the player.

I dislike my wife’s parking skills.  Pretty bad but she just has no idea how bad she is at it.

I guess if I say that out loud I must be full of hate towards my wife.

Seriously our current culture is so fucked up on this subject.  EVERYTHING is hate.

It renders most potentially productive solutions impossible.

37 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Or he has come to grips with his decline but believes he is still in the “Wow that is Albert Pujols” window where he gets automatic playing time because he is a legend.  And he wants to maximize that window to snatch some more dingers for his personal selfish statistical interests.

Perhaps, but I hope not.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Press conference stating Angels want Walsh at first and Ohtani at DH. Said Pujols wants to continue playing and nothing was discussed with him taking a different role. No fights or arguments. They hugged him.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f39983d3901992b5e