• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

Ryan, Jackson, Carew, Sutton, Pujols etc. HOF players who played partial careers with the Angels and get inducted with another hat. Even Vladdy was 50/50 as an Expo. Other than the exception of Trout it would be nice to see a homegrown talent play most of their careers with the Angels. And not feel they were past their prime or just there for the money.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Press conference now on am830.

Angels are not foreseeing any kind of sendoff or tribute. Wow.

Not surprised.  The DFA sent a strong message.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Press conference now on am830.

Angels are not foreseeing any kind of sendoff or tribute. Wow.

Something tells me Pujols wouldn’t want to do it. At least right now.

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Unfortunately Upton is still on the team and Arte is the owner. 

So yeah, probably not. lol

I like Upton. He’s a solid if unspectacular bat and he’s gonna be here for most of the next season. Don’t think anyone is gonna touch the 28 mil On his contract in 2022, so why release him and pay him to be good for another team. He’s not old, like Pujols, who says he’s three months younger than me but is probably three years older.

Just now, stormngt said:

Question:  why didnt you just keep Albert as a backup for 1b and DH.

It was a given that Walsh was going to be the every day 1b anyway.  Why DFA him?

Pujols wanted to be an everyday player. I guess it was out of respect to release him considering his 10 year personal services contract with the team. They definitely could have told him to STFU and accept your bench role but they didn't do that.

Just now, stormngt said:

Question:  why didnt you just keep Albert as a backup for 1b and DH.

It was a given that Walsh was going to be the every day 1b anyway.  Why DFA him?

He doesn’t want to be a bench player.  He wants to play everyday and thinks the Angels should just write in his name everyday because he is Albert Pujols.

He is selfish, delusional and the Angels just did him a favor.  Go ahead big boy.  Go play everyday somewhere else.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Pujols wanted to be an everyday player. I guess it was out of respect to release him considering his 10 year personal services contract with the team. They definitely could have told him to STFU and accept your bench role but they didn't do that.

Right. Sounds like it was a mutual decision. At least that's what they were basically saying during the press conference