• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

1 minute ago, cals said:

If Pujols genuinely wouldn’t accept being a part-time player then I suppose the Angels had to do this.  Optics still look terrible, but ultimately it’s on Albert if he cousins accept he’s not a starter.

I agree. It's got to be the team first. I think he forced the team's hand and people are coming out of the woodwork stating he's been disrespected. I don't think a knowledgeable fan would be against the Angels.

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’m sure his wife is drafting it as we speak. 

I think the statement will be "civil." It will basically admit that he felt he could still compete as a full-time player and the Angels disagreed. I don't see him putting down the organization.

1 minute ago, mustard relish sauerkraut said:

Even if he hadn't committed to retiring that season.

Angels: “Hey Albert we’re going to give you a farewell tour this season out of respect for your HOF career.”

Albert: “But I still want to play the remaining three years of my contract.” 

Angels: “Tour starts Monday.”

Just now, Lhalo said:

Angels: “Hey Albert we’re going to give you a farewell tour this season out of respect for your HOF career.”

Albert: “But I still want to play the remaining three years of my contract.” 

Angels: “Tour starts Monday.”

LOL!

31 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I have often thought about the incident with Torii Hunter calling him out as being selfish. I have always viewed him in that light.

I missed this. If this really happened, wow. I believe him about Pujols. I thought it was an absolute no brainer to resign Hunter but Moreno signed Hamilton instead. Like many here, I was very against it especially when Hunter said he was told there was no money. Hunter was a class act here and went on to still be productive in Detroit. Certainly produced more WAR than Hamilton for way cheaper.  One of Moreno's many mistakes.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Three or four is the MINIMUM, okay? Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like @tdawg87, for example, has 52 posts in this thread, and a terrific smile. 

Holy shit that's a lot. How do you see that?

Also I love you.

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

Wow, surprised it went down like it did

But kudos to PM and the FO for finally doing what needed to be done

Good riddance

They had no choice. Pujols didn't want to play part time. I don't think they wanted to do this. It's basically a "play me or trade me" mandate without the trading option.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Holy shit that's a lot. How do you see that?

Also I love you.

He went through and counted.

Just kidding. It's in the top-right corner of the screen. It's how we know that @Lou is the biggest contributor to the Trumped thread.